PDA

View Full Version : Collinite over NXT

emaxxman
10-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Can I use Insulator Wax directly over NXT and still maintain the great durability of Insulator? Or should I use a chemical polish first?

NEW AGAIN
10-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Yes you can just make sure the NXT cure for for 30 minutes remove then the collinite.

Wasatch
10-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Yup, should work just fine. Personnally, I would wait a few days.

joyriiide1113
10-16-2006, 09:08 PM
This is one of those questions that makes you wonder if the durabilty of a topper is judged by the durabilty of the sealant/wax underneath.

Any answers?

a.k.a. Patrick
10-16-2006, 10:42 PM
If going with Collinite, I wouldnt even bother with NXT. Collinite will blow NXT`s durability out the window.........

emaxxman
10-17-2006, 08:57 AM
I wouldn`t normally put NXT on if I knew I was going to use Collinite. The issue is that I`ve been using NXT all summer long and currently have 1 week old coat on it. I was wondering if I should remove the NXT first. If I don`t have to, then I would rather not.

Thanks all.

wannafbody
10-17-2006, 01:18 PM
I wouldn`t normally put NXT on if I knew I was going to use Collinite. The issue is that I`ve been using NXT all summer long and currently have 1 week old coat on it. I was wondering if I should remove the NXT first. If I don`t have to, then I would rather not.

Thanks all.

wash and apply Collinite

E-Jag
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
My understanding of layering LSP`s is you want to put the most durable product down first, then top with the other, less durable product. That`s what I was told by other forum members much more knowledgeable than I. So I would put the NXT over the 845.

E-Jag

mikebai1990
10-17-2006, 04:25 PM
E-Jag, you are correct. Putting the durable product on the bottom will provide the base protection. Next, you can choose a "boutique wax", or one that provides nice shine (Collinite isn`t exactly the best in terms of looks). In this case, your topper wax will be your "sacrificial" layer, which you can replenish every few weeks.

emaxxman, I don`t think that leaving NXT on the bottom will do any harm, so I`m going to go ahead and recommend that you just clean the surface well (wash, clay) and top with the Collinite. If you wish, you can add another layer of a wax that gives better shine, which is up to you. I use exclusively Collinite as my topper (I also use ColorX to clean the surface before the Collinite).

EdLancer
10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Thats my usual combination for my red car. NXT darkens reds and Collinite protects like a bull !