PDA

View Full Version : have i ruined my MFs ??

imported_steveo3002
10-16-2006, 12:34 PM
i made the mistake of putting a terry towel in with my MFs , now theyre full of lint and leave behind a trail as i wipe

will it flush out after a few washes ???

next question...whats the safe temp to set the drier on?? :nixweiss ive always air dried until now

BigAl3
10-16-2006, 12:44 PM
try re-washing them (it`s worth a try). i wash my mf`s in warm water with liquid tide with a scoop of oxyclean, and then add some vinegar to the last rinse cycle. then off they go into the dryer on the lowest heat setting. this has worked great for me with no probs....

Accumulator
10-16-2006, 01:34 PM
You could try boiling the MFs to see if that helps get `em to release the lint.

I`ve dried my MFs on "delicate medium" before with no damage, but I generally use "delicate low". But all dryers aren`t the same so what`s OK on one might be too hot on another. No need to air-dry (no heat) in my experience though, just use a low setting.

AL-53
10-16-2006, 03:19 PM
try to pick as much lint off a lint roller....then rewash..the more you get off...the less chance of it recollecting....

I did the same one time and got a lint roller and collected as much as I could off the towels and rewashed....they came out lintless after that....

Al