PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

Nuke33
10-15-2006, 08:45 PM
With the Meg clay bar from the smooth surface kit should i splat one of the bars in half and rool that or used the full bar at a time. How many cars should i be able to do with one kit?

I also use back to black on my trim should i go over that with meg Natural Shine. Becasue my freinds brother sprayed armer all on his jeep dash w/o waiping it off in the sun and it ate right through it and he had to get a new one

Thanks

velobard
10-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I split my clay bars into 3rds. I find that`s all I really need to use at once. Just remember the golden rule of claying....toss the clay immediately if you drop it on the ground. Even if you don`t see anything or you think your driveway is "clean enough", you don`t want to rub the grit onto your paint. It`s not worth it.

Accumulator
10-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, and I tear *my* clay into smaller pieces than that! How much clay you`ll need will depend on how much contamination you`re taking off (and how often you drop the clay :o ).

I`ve never heard of a dressing messing up something because its wan`t buffed off :confused: I`m not familiar with the Natural Shine, but unless it has some kind of cleaners in it I wouldn`t expect it to mess with the B-2-B. ust try a small area and see if it works the way you want it do.