PDA

View Full Version : im new

danthelion
10-15-2006, 06:08 PM
just found out about this forum and im ready to get some suggestions :getdown

waxing, claybars, polish, the works! my car needs HELP

velobard
10-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Welcome! Now it`s time for yo to start reading, reading, and reading some more. There`s a wealth information and opinions here. I`d recommend you start by clicking the Learn! link at the top of the page and going from there.

danthelion
10-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Welcome! Now it`s time for yo to start reading, reading, and reading some more. There`s a wealth information and opinions here. I`d recommend you start by clicking the Learn! link at the top of the page and going from there.

coooool :spot :spot :spot :spot :spot

danthelion
10-15-2006, 06:48 PM
ive never really used a polish before... would you guys recommend this product? http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kus-kla-16.html

Bigpoppa3346
10-15-2006, 07:10 PM
AIO is really mild, basically a really good paint cleaner, not an abrasive polish. That said, it can remove oxidation, old wax and clean your paint very well. It won`t do much for swirls, but you really need a machine and abrasives remove those. In short, yes, it is a very good product. Use the search function, there is a TON of info on this site.

danthelion
10-15-2006, 08:26 PM
AIO is really mild, basically a really good paint cleaner, not an abrasive polish. That said, it can remove oxidation, old wax and clean your paint very well. It won`t do much for swirls, but you really need a machine and abrasives remove those. In short, yes, it is a very good product. Use the search function, there is a TON of info on this site.

hmm i think i would need something "abrasive" to get rid of my swirls on the hood of my car... what type of machine is used to polish... expensive?

velobard
10-15-2006, 08:40 PM
If you`re going to try to get swirls out by hand, without some sort of machine polishing, you really have your work cut out for you, big time. One product line I haven`t used personally but has been mentioned here as working fairly well by hand are the 1Z polishes. http://www.1z-usa.com/sys-tmpl/carpolish/

If you`re going to get serious about paint correction, I highly recommend you study up all you can and get yourself a PC buffer.

paul34
10-15-2006, 08:59 PM
A great place for you to start would be to download the Guide to Detailing - it is full of very helpful information. I`ll guarantee you`ll learn a lot.

After that, just read through old threads here... if you want to start doing things including polishing first, check out the click and brag section, where you can find what people used on certain vehicles. There are plenty of threads to help you out... good luck!

danthelion
10-15-2006, 11:19 PM
mmmmmmm i just saw the guide on how to get rid of a deep scratch, i never knew you could do that without repainting the whole bumper! muy intersante, im so glad i found a site like this :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

the other pc
10-15-2006, 11:23 PM
:bigups

and,

:welcome

PC.