PDA

View Full Version : Gah! Dent on the hood of my new car. Anyone tried DentPro in the SF Bay Area?

trmiv
10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Yesterday I`m walking out to our 2007 Ford Escape that we`ve had for two weeks and I notice something on the hood. I look at an angle, and sure enough it`s a dent! It`s about the size of a dime, about 3/4 of the way up the hood. I have no idea where this came from, it`s not like it`s a door ding that you get randomly in parking lots. It`s like something fell from the sky. I`m so mad :mad: My wife thinks I`m overreacting a bit, but we had this thing for two weeks and there is already a ding!!!

Anyway, I guess it`s PDR for me. Has anyone tried DentPro in the SF Bay Area? They have a location in Campbell that is open Saturdays, which works for me since I can`t do it during the week.

This sucks because I was JUST about to pull the trigger on a Porter Cable for using on this and my wife`s car, but now I can`t afford it since I have to pay for PDR. :sadpace:

2crows
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Why not try a "Ding King". I got mine at Target < $20 and love it. It has saved my bacon many times. Paid for itself the 1st use. Easy to use and good results. Even in the middle of a flat panel. Even if you are semi-serious about detailing, don`t be without this tool.

trmiv
10-15-2006, 07:29 PM
I think I`d rather pay a pro to do it. If this was an older car, I`d give it a try.

fdizzle
10-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Try locating Brad @ Dent Preformance. Many dealerships and body shops use him, and he has done several of our vehicels, some pretty snasty dents, and was able to remove them - completly . . . sorry, lost the phone number . . just 411 dent preformance.

trmiv
10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks I`ll look that up.

I called Dent Pro and they said no dent techs are there on Saturday, which makes me wonder why they are open. The problem is, I ride the train to work so I`m not with my car, so getting this done is a pain. I might have to suck it up and drive my car to work, and have a place come out and do it. I`m look at Dentmender, they serve Emeryville where I work.

trmiv
10-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Apparently it`s impossible to keep your car nice. Flash forward to today. I take the train to work usually, and park the Escape at the train lot with hundreds of other cars. I park at the end of the row so I can stay away from other cars so people don`t dent it. Today I come out to my car after work, walk around the passenger side to puy my bag away, and there is a FRICKING 15" LONG SCRATCH DOWN TO THE FRICKING PAINT GOING DOWN THE FRICKING PASSENGER DOOR!!!!!!! I take all the precautions to keep our new car nice, and some fricking punk decides it`s cool to key my car. I`m guessing it was just some random kid walking through the lot and decided it would be cool to key some new car with no plates.