Sno Brum

http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/m280.html

Boar`s Hair

http://www.stratmosphere.com/ultimate_snowbrush.htm

Oxo Twister

http://www.autogeek.net/oxo601.html

imported_Padron
10-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Boars hair looks nice, but it`s pricey and I wonder about the stiffness of the bristles - will it hold up???

I need to get one of these though...Costco has a version of the Snow Broom for like $10 may try that.. :nixweiss

imported_themightytimmah
10-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Leaf Blower :).

imported_GregCavi
10-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Without feeling them I say non of the above. I personally never want to touch my car with a brush, but I must admit the boars hair is interesting. I am going to try a microfiber mitt to see if that works fairly well. I like to get off the majority of the snow and leave about a half inch or as close as I can get to the paint to ensure I do not scratch the paint.

Greg

Setec Astronomy
10-14-2006, 07:27 AM
That Oxo brush is suprisingly heavy, for whatever that`s worth.

Dan
10-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Without feeling them I say non of the above. I personally never want to touch my car with a brush, but I must admit the boars hair is interesting. I am going to try a microfiber mitt to see if that works fairly well. I like to get off the majority of the snow and leave about a half inch or as close as I can get to the paint to ensure I do not scratch the paint.

Greg

Thats my MO also. That half inch usually slides off and pisses someone off, but oh well. :sosad

Setec Astronomy
10-14-2006, 07:48 AM
Thats my MO also. That half inch usually slides off and pisses someone off, but oh well. :sosad

Ouch. What about if the car has sand/grit/salt from the road on it, gets more snow on top of that, then you brush off all but 1/2", then the next day it`s cold and the sun melts the snow partially and then it refreezes? Then the next day when that ice slides off with the particles frozen into it becomes a sanding block.

99blackSE
10-14-2006, 08:30 AM
The Boars Hair one looks good too. I Should look into getting one of those, as it has been snowing the last few days here.

BobD
10-14-2006, 08:33 AM
You kind of have to think about what really will scratch the paint more. The brush or the snow/ice? I would go with the boar`s hair out of those but pushing snow over the paint with anything will leave marring.

gav'spurplez
10-14-2006, 08:59 AM
sno brum is good after a real big snow,

removes lots of snow fast,

but i`m going to vote for nothing.

i used a snow brush on my camaro when it used to be parked on the street,

after seeing my paint when i got the pc, never again.

i hate to use anything on my sentra :eek:

Dan
10-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Ouch. What about if the car has sand/grit/salt from the road on it, gets more snow on top of that, then you brush off all but 1/2", then the next day it`s cold and the sun melts the snow partially and then it refreezes? Then the next day when that ice slides off with the particles frozen into it becomes a sanding block.

I don`t think I`ve ever had the stuff re-freeze on the car. Around here is usually starts with freezing rain then a nice snow topper. You can get the snow off but not the ice, at least not without brute force. Usually by the time I get to work there is nothing left on the car and we`re good to go till the next snow a few weeks later.

gav'spurplez
10-14-2006, 09:01 AM
i would think no matter how "car surface" safe the item is,

if the car is dirty and crusty from winter, sliding snow off of it is bad news

MorBid
10-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I voted for the Snow Broom. I have had one for my Black Audi and have found nothing else to be as marr free for removing snow.

Granted the car is a garage queen, but up here you`ll be reaching for something to remove snow off the car at least 2 or 3 times a day almost everyday once winter get`s going. So I wanted something that was the least possible to marr while removing.

gav'spurplez
10-14-2006, 09:32 AM
I voted for the Snow Broom. I have had one for my Black Audi and have found nothing else to be as marr free for removing snow.

Granted the car is a garage queen, but up here you`ll be reaching for something to remove snow off the car at least 2 or 3 times a day almost everyday once winter get`s going. So I wanted something that was the least possible to marr while removing.

2-3 times a day ?

ouch :sadwavey:

i guess i have seen too many mis used brooms while working at dealers

MorBid
10-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Yeah it`s that pesky Lake Effect Snow, It`s a type of snow we get from Lake Ontario after the cold Canadian air hit`s it.

I tell you by January I`m so sick of snow it starts to depress me. I`ve never lived anywhere that you can count on it snowing in some form almost every day.

I don`t use my snow broom to take all the snow down, it will leave a nice little layer on there and I roll with that.