PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant on glass?!?!?

membim
04-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Has anyone here tried the wheel sealant on thier windshield? When using EXP, EX, PWC, Wolfgang, UPP, etc., I put a coat on the windshield and glass to help bead water. Just wondering, due to the excellent reviews of the product, if anyone had tried this. Thanks in advance for any replies and have a great day! :bigups

jayincali
04-08-2005, 02:00 AM
I would like to know also. I use teh PB wheel sealant as well and love it.

MattZ28
04-08-2005, 06:25 AM
I`d be worried about streaking. You shouldn`t need any sealant/wax on glass...mine`s been beading like crazy ever since I used Invisible Glass 4 months ago.

Poorboy
04-08-2005, 06:44 AM
I have no idea either:dunno

but I`m sure someone will try it out;)

SVR
04-09-2005, 01:19 AM
I`d be worried about streaking. You shouldn`t need any sealant/wax on glass...mine`s been beading like crazy ever since I used Invisible Glass 4 months ago.

Disagree with that.
As long as it`s applied thin your ok
Have to realise that glass cops it just as bad as paint does
Comparing my previous car with unprotected glass to the current one with layer after layer of sealant is like chalk and cheese
One was full of pits and chips, other has two minor chips and no pits even with interstate travel and glass is invisible literally.

If it`s a surface, coat it, that`s my moto

And yes wheel sealant is great on glass but I prefer it on top of klasse, 4 star etc
Great for exterior trim too.

G35stilez
04-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I was going to use it on my fender and see how it does, but glass...Hmm, that`s a good idea.