PDA

View Full Version : High Sierra fishing

a.k.a. Patrick
10-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Ok fishermen, (familiar with the Bridgeport/Twin Lakes/Virginia Lakes area fishing) Im heading to the high Sierras next week with some pals for about 4 days of fishing. We`re looking for the monster Browns and Rainbows in the resevoirs and I need some tackle tips. What are some good lures to purchase for the trip? I have the usual Kastmasters, a couple Rapalas, and Thomas B`s....but I want to slam `em, so share some tips if you have them!

SpoiledMan
10-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Go to a market that has live fish and put the in the cooler. Always use more than one pole so they don`t notice you fishing them out of your cooler.:D

I`ve only caught one fish in my life and he had to be thrown back.

the other pc
10-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Just had a successful fishing trip this afternoon. For tackle I can always count on a crisp Andrew Jackson to reel in a halibut kebob at our local Armenian place. :D

My father-in-law uses poles and hooks and stuff. He was up at June Lake last week. My gear recommendation after hearing his report: Polarfleece. They got snow.

PC.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-13-2006, 08:31 AM
You guys are NO help!! Highs in the mid 50`s, lows in the 20`s. And snow is possible............

imported_themightytimmah
10-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I don`t have any specific experience with west coast fishing, but over here I`ve been using these plastic worms impregnated with the smell of wounded fish - "Yums" they`re called. They`re like shooting fish in a barrel, I`ve outfished my friend who was using live fish with them.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-13-2006, 01:22 PM
For lake Trout?

imported_paradigm
10-14-2006, 04:00 PM
i used to fish all the time growing up (4-6x per week)...lived right across the road from a major river. never went trout fishing though...only walleye, northerns, and crappies usually. never did any flyfishing either...but sure looks cool.