PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Users - Please Advise . .

Pages : [1] 2

fdizzle
10-12-2006, 10:28 PM
OK - My Optimum is here :getdown

One concern - the Optimum polish, when i opeaned the top, looked seperated to hell, and had thick goopy product caked up along the walls of the bottle, and the majority of liquid was thin, runny and had junk floating around in it. :grrr

like a coke can that you give to a friend you dont like, i shook the living s^%$ out of it.

It then became thick, creamy and delicious in texture.

IS this normal, or do I gotta call the autogeek people and Bi*&^ :nixweiss

(i am probably worrying myself to death, but it never hurts to ask)

thanks all

imported_TheFiveO
10-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes it is normal for the "older" formula. I have a bottle and I have to shake the snot out of it to get somewhat consistant. Dr Dave at optimum was very helpful on the phone when I called him and asked him about this issue. As a resolution to the issue, he sent me a cap with a larger hole which helps with dispensing the product.

From what I have heard, version 2.0 is more "creamy" and actually has a tad more cut to it.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Thats doesnt sound like the revised formula. The old formula is fine, as long as it reincorporated properly after vigorous shaking. It would sound like shaking a bottle of water, then once mixed, more like a shake.

Give a good shake, and pour some out onto wax paper and take a look. If its clumpy (still ok) check the clumps, if there anything but soft, return it. Or just return and ask for the "new formula."

The only real problem the older product represent is its sometime a hassle o get it out of the squeeze bottles cap. The newer formula allegedly cuts quicker, I havent used it yet though.

fdizzle
10-13-2006, 12:11 PM
thanks . . . i can sleep now . . the bottles so big im just gonna put into a smaller one anyway, ill make sure to get one with a large opeaning....

joe.p
10-13-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah, that sounds like the old formula..the new bottle has a label that says it has been reformulated..

Juztang
10-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I`ve used the new formula quite a bit. It is not clumpy at all the like the old one. It does seem to work better than the old formula too. I`ve been very happy with it. I`m still waiting on the new formula of the Hyper Compound.

imported_MCA
10-13-2006, 12:42 PM
I don`t mean to be a stickler on this as I don`t know when you ordered your OP, but why did you receive the old formulation (assuming you did) in the first place? I believe Autogeek has been advertizing the new formula for 2 weeks (don`t hold me to that) - I just don`t see why you did not get the new formula. It might be worth checking out since the new version is suppose to be a tad better in the performance category. Just a thought and not meant with any bad intentions.

fdizzle
10-13-2006, 02:55 PM
oh im all over this like white on rice . . . you know - i havent even checked the bottle to see if it was indeed the new formula . . . havent been home . . its the first thing im gonna do when i gget home tonight . .

BobD
10-13-2006, 02:58 PM
oh im all over this like white on rice . . . you know - i havent even checked the bottle to see if it was indeed the new formula . . . havent been home . . its the first thing im gonna do when i gget home tonight . .

The new versions should have a gold decal on them that say they are the new formuals.

MorBid
10-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Hmmm, OP has been re-worked. How nice, just when I`m about to use mine all up. I`m hoping the issues mentioned were addressed in this new one.

OP certainly is a bear to get out of any bottle (I transfer all my polishes to small pocket sized squeeze bottles) and the longer it sits the more it takes to get it back together again.

I had one batch I had to throw out cuz after shaking it for like 10 or 15 minutes it still was like water.

fdizzle
10-13-2006, 04:06 PM
ok - what is the shelf life on this stuff - as far as optimum is concerned . .

racingbeat
10-13-2006, 06:34 PM
OK - My Optimum is here :getdown

One concern - the Optimum polish, when i opeaned the top, looked seperated to hell, and had thick goopy product caked up along the walls of the bottle, and the majority of liquid was thin, runny and had junk floating around in it. :grrr

like a coke can that you give to a friend you dont like, i shook the living s^%$ out of it.

It then became thick, creamy and delicious in texture.

IS this normal, or do I gotta call the autogeek people and Bi*&^ :nixweiss

(i am probably worrying myself to death, but it never hurts to ask)

thanks all

send it back and tell them to give you the new version.

qadsan
10-13-2006, 09:29 PM
...I had one batch I had to throw out cuz after shaking it for like 10 or 15 minutes it still was like water.

Yep, me too. My first batch last year was OK, but the 2nd batch I got last year wouldn`t come out of the bottles. David of Optimum sent me the cap with the larger nozzle and that didn`t work for me on this batch, but it did work with the OP I had from an earlier batch. I even drilled the nozzle to a larger openeing with a hot bit to make a nice clean hole and it still didn`t work with this one batch I had. I could stand on the bottle and it still wouldn`t come out the nozzle and I`m 6`6" @ 228! Pouring it from the bottle`s mouth was a pain because it came out in large clumps. The batch I had would also marr the finish and it chewed up the inside of my Edge pads (very dissapointing!). It was so chunky that you could kneed the chunks together to make a clay ball from it.

Earlier this year I had given up on the OP after being so frustrated with it and set it aside for a while. When I tried to use it later on, it had seperated and was a real pain to combine, but one of the bottles came back to being usable after adding in some OC and lots of vigorous shaking. I gave up on the other three bottles and trashed them because they were like clay with hard chunks in them and there was no sense in using a product that would hurt the finish or my pads. I contacted David at Optimum before I trashed my OP and he kindly sent me one bottle of the new OP, so it wasn`t a total loss for me. The first batch of OP I had worked well, but that 2nd batch I had was just horrible. The new OP works very well, but I`ve since stocked up on something else and I`ve always got other products in the pipeline to try. I`m still using OC, OHC, ONR and I`m down to my last gallons of OTS, OPP & OCW.

fdizzle
10-13-2006, 09:35 PM
OK - is there a sticker on the new OP - because the pi on autogeek lookas exactly like the bottle I have, no sticker saying "revised formula" I should just call OPT and talk to ? who would be best to call there . . . I wanna make sure that I have the new version. Optimum is discussed to death on thie site as being one of the best polishes/compounds avalible - I want to make sure im using the right stuff . . .

Eliot Ness
10-13-2006, 09:48 PM
OK - is there a sticker on the new OP - because the pi on autogeek lookas exactly like the bottle I have, no sticker saying "revised formula" .....Yes, here is a link to the picture Danase has with the sticker:

http://store.danase.com/optimumpolish.html

I have the original formula, and it does seperate after sitting for a while, but it doesn`t take a whole lot of shaking to get it back into a nice creamy state.