PDA

View Full Version : Metro Master Blaster blows trips breakers?

MorBid
10-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I`ve read through various threads on the Metro Master Blaster (not the little one) and am probaly going to get one.

Thing is I`ve read on some sites that you need to run it on a 20 amp breaker as it will trip a 15 (I guess because of the 18 amp draw from two motors).

Can ne1 confirm this?

TIA

MorBiD

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2006, 10:05 PM
I had a thread discussion (maybe it was PM) with Mark Waldron about this and decided to stick with the Air Force Blaster because you really need to have a 20 amp circuit for the Master Blaster. I don`t think I ever got a straight answer out of Metro as to what kind of plug the unit has on it. Mark`s technique with his 15 amp circuit was to turn on one motor at a time to prevent tripping the breaker (the steady-state current of the motors will be less than the inrush).

MorBid
10-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks as always Setec for answering up. I wonder does the Air Force Blaster (the little one) have enough ummphhh to do a whole car?

I want to take all the excess water off the panels, I can get the water out of the nooks and crannies with my Air Compressor. Then maybe QD and a WW or MF for the final touch.

I really want to take my car care to the next level, I`m already using DI Water and that works great for what it does but I want to come up with my own super duper "touchless" car wash.

I would imagine that the Air Force Blaster uses a L5-15 standard plug and the Metro Blaster uses a L5-20 standard plug.

I see alot of folks using the Metro Blaster to dry thier dogs (in fact it`s sold more for that than drying cars) so I`m wondering how they get around it?

MorBid