PDA

View Full Version : Fk 1000p

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fallz
10-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I did a polish/sealant 215 ? ( I think ) I`ve followed over the last 2 days with 3 coats of 1000P .......HOLY CRAP !! Its like someone put about 10 more coats of clearcoat on my truck. Crystal clear reflection , wet , unreal shine. I can see doing more coats , the look is addicting. I did wipe it down with 425 after.

The vehicle is a medium Metallic Gray .

I totally impressed !!

Thomas Dekany
10-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Now you know too! :)

atticdog
10-12-2006, 09:53 PM
I just got some this week

any pics?

imported_Bence
10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Fallguy, I told it, too... :D

Yes, it looks fabulous; I love it on silvers, grays, WHITES, etc., etc!

Big Kahuna
10-13-2006, 03:14 AM
I`ve just used it too and I really like it. I ditto everything you`ve said Fallguy. IMO, it`s a PITA to remove where PW is easy. Now I do one panel at a time, hope I don`t see any durability issues. Heck, I do my car monthly so durability won`t be an issue. I`ve since switched from PW to 1000P, cause my rides are white. PW is a nuba wax, so of coarse it will mute it. Now I really like the bright white look in this sealant paste.

Bence, are you still using FK1 stuff? Do you think they will ever make a pure sealant spray like Z8, AW, or AJT?

imported_Bence
10-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Yep, I`m still using them. Dunno about a spray sealant... I`d welcome a fully synthetic, Z8-like thing though.

With the 1000P, you should apply very thin layers, otherwise it is really a PITA. Even the DA leaves a too thick film when you start applying it, but wipe over the starting layer once more and thin it out. Then it`ll be fine. And it cures for a very long time; with the recent application I can still see subtle changes in the overall appearance - and I applied it a week ago.

racingbeat
10-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I really wish they would make a smaller container of 1000P and Pink Wax.

I know they have sample sizes but its like chooseing between a dixie cup and a super big gulp.

15 oz. of 1000P spread thinly should take about 83 years to finish.

They need a consumer size jar for these waxes!

and they keep forgetting to send me the 1000P Sample!! I`ve gotten another pink wax sample (anyone want to trade?), mini buff, all purpose cleaner, etc. I guess I`ll phone it in bext time.

p.s.

how good is the interior top kote stuff? I`ve been using 425 on the interior and man that stuff works great on EVERYTHING! It reduced the appearance of scuffs on my center console made of black plastic. I`m thinking of getting it painted to match my exterior silver paint, a popular mod for this car.

any other must try samples sizes I should request or buy?

imported_Bence
10-13-2006, 11:14 AM
When I ordered from them, I just indicated what samples I wanted and they included them free.

audicoupej
10-13-2006, 11:33 AM
p.s.

how good is the interior top kote stuff?

I really like it. Thomas gave me a sample (FK108) and I`ve been using it on everything.

I`m going to order some when the time comes. The sample is lasting for quite a while.

Fallz
10-13-2006, 11:51 AM
FK108 is great stuff ! I use it on tires and int. Lasts a long time.

The 1000P I`ve been doing one or 2 panels at a time about 10-15 min. and wipe off. Seems to work great. One thing with this stuff that is key is the THIN layer.

I`m going to do my wifes black Escape with the FK215 polish/sealant and then try to see how the black comes out.

imported_rydawg
10-20-2006, 12:37 AM
1000p is really amazing. The durability of it is beyond anything that I have ever used. It just beads and water just falls right off. I did my girlfriends Jeep 3 months ago and it glows. She has not even washed it yet (bad girl). But, it still is very clean and shiny looking. It`s the thickest shine I have ever seen! I wish it was a little easier to use, but well woth the effort.

ducktail
10-20-2006, 12:43 AM
ry,

"thickest shine" - those were the words I was searching for

Big Kahuna
10-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Have you tried 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax? I think it produces a "thick shine".

Junebug
10-20-2006, 06:32 AM
If one was to order FK products, what would ya`ll suggest - need compound, polish, glaze and sealer. And any extra stuff that ya`ll think would be a "must have" Thanks

velobard
10-20-2006, 11:07 AM
If one was to order FK products, what would ya`ll suggest - need compound, polish, glaze and sealer. And any extra stuff that ya`ll think would be a "must have" Thanks

I`d suggest you start with their sampler kit and go from there.

My personal favs so far; 425, PW, and 2180. I have some 1000P I`m anxious to try as soon as my paint cures enough and I`ll probably get some 146 when my S&W runs out.