PDA

View Full Version : Product Line Mixes

archerwin
10-12-2006, 06:54 PM
we have 5 (readily) available detailing product lines here... i need help on your recommendation on the best products to use for the diff aspect of modelling. I already have some stuff but I bought it before I went to autopia.

BTW, i don`t have a POLISHER... I do all by hand...

i have a honda, color: shoreline mist (metallic light brown)

Product Lines: Eagle One, Meguiars, Poorboys, Mothers and Turtle Wax

(my current stash)

Car wash Shampoo: (local from a detailer shop)

Clay: (Mothers)

QD: (Mothers showtime detailer)

Paint Cleaner: none

Polish: (AG SRP, mothers scratch remover)

Glaze: (3M IHG, sachet only)

Sealant: (soft99 Geki coat)

Wax: (Mothers DC#3)

Spray Wax: (EO WAUD)

Glass Cleaner: (Megs NXT)

Tire/Wheel Cleaner (EO A2Z)

Interior Dressing: (PB NL)

Exterior Dressing: (EO Wet tire shine, use for trim, wheel well & tire)

Engine Dressing: (Armor All orig)

APC: (Simple Green)

Degreaser: none

most of these will run out soon... what to find out from you guys what i would be buying next... hope to get many replies.. :):):) thanks in advance!!! :hifive:

imported_bpfoley
10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I have had great success with Mothers Powerpolish and an orange pad.

David Fermani
10-12-2006, 09:01 PM
what to find out from you guys what i would be buying next...

Buy a Porter Cable type of orbital polisher and some good APC interior cleaner. That with the stuff you currently have will get you going in the right direction.

Accumulator
10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
archerwin-A few things I`d change:

Simple Green- I`d replace this with some other APC, maybe something from Meg`s. There have been so many reports of finish damage (esp. aluminum) from Simple Green that I don`t let it near any of my vehicles.

Wax- The DC#3 (that`s Meguiar`s, not Mother`s ;) ) is only so-so. I`d rather go with most any other wax in the Meguiar`s lineup or even Mother`s CA Gold.

Glaze: I *GREATLY* prefer Meg`s #5 over IHG, no comparison IMO. The other Meg`s "pure polishes" (#3/#7/#81/DC#2) would also, *IMO* be better than the IHG. Since doing a side-by-side with the #5 my IHG hasn`t left the shelf.