PDA

View Full Version : Applicators for Klasse AIO and SG I can find locally?

trmiv
10-12-2006, 11:11 AM
So I`ve got all my detailing supplies here for my new car from various online orders. I`m thinking about my plan of attack for my first real detailing attempt this weekend, and I realize, I forgot to order applicators!! No way I can order some and have them before the weekend. I`ve been searching around the forums looking for an answer, but I can`t find exactly what I`m looking for, so forgive this noob if this is a common repost. What kind of applicators can I find locally (walmart, autozone, kragen), that can be used to apply Klasse AIO and SG? I`ve seen some discussion about Meguiar`s foam applicators at Walmart, are those OK for this purpose?

mongo
10-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Those Gold Class Meg`s applicators will be fine.

abbeysdad
10-12-2006, 11:45 AM
yep..what he said.

CroMag
10-12-2006, 11:56 AM
You could also use terry cloth applicator pads for the AIO. It has a little more bite than the foam to help clean up the paint. I suppose you could also use them for the SG since you will just be applying light pressure to apply. Viking makes some and you should be able to find them at one of the stores you mention.

racingbeat
10-12-2006, 01:26 PM
use a foam applicator for step one Klasse ALL in One (orange bottle for 1st timers).

since its very thick you don`t want to waste product, the foam pad will allow you to lay it thin.

I maintain the practice of never touching dry paint. That means I will mist the surface and the applicator with a quick detailer before rubbing on the paint with an applicator pad. Once the AIO

dries I mist the surface again and MF towel for removal. I advise you to get in the habit of always lubricating the paint before touching it.

for sealing:

use a MF applicator for step two Klasse Sealant Glaze (grey bottle). One drop the size of a dime per panel spread quickly in long passes. Never circles.

Spray the towel and the surface with a quick detailer first. I might try Werksttat Acrylic Gloss or Sonus` version to get rid of any streaks. I think its a good idea to to use an Acrylic spray at this point before the sealant cures over night.

trmiv
10-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the advice. I`ll pickup some of the foam applicators from walmart.