PDA

View Full Version : College Sucks for Detaling

Nuke33
10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
The wost part about college is that there is no play to clean you car. Im gunna go hit up the local car wash and do my claying polish and waxing to get ready for winter. Its a real paint and i feel bad going there all day.

Does anyone have some suggestions of waht to do maybe you have had the same problem and you figured out how to get around it or some good ideas on where to even get water for my wash bucket lol

ZaneO
10-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Find a friend with a garage or shop.

imported_GregCavi
10-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Look into optimums no rinse wash and shine. If you can get a hold of 2-3 gallons of water you can wash your car with no hose. Also a long lasting sealant is a must because, at least for me, being in college there isnt much time to keep your car up. I find that using optimum no rinse washes every couple of weeks over my z5pro works excellent.

Greg

Evenflow
10-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Yep, I hate leaving my car in the parking lot. Thank God I only love 30 mins away and go home atleast one every 2 weeks to wash it off.

CalgaryDetail
10-11-2006, 10:43 PM
wash your car at the coin wash, get some qew, optiomun no rinse or a really good qd.

(i like megs as well as bp`s) and then do a quick one over then go atwer with the clay polish and wax, Im sure you coud use your parking spot, lol good luck

imported_02ZTSfocus
10-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I also have no place to take care of my car ... at least anywhere convenient. I bought a huge extension cord to run from my apartment to the parking lot so I can at least polish my car every once in a while. At least I plan on doing that once I get my sample of RDF49.

As for washing, I`m stuck going to the local car wash until I pony up some cash for ONR or QEW. I usually fill my bucket up with water and soap at home and take that with me to the car wash (one nice perk of a Gamma Seal Lid) when I want to hand wash.

BTW, I`m pretty sure my neighbors think I`m crazy because at least once a week I give my car a hand bath. Ive actually had people ask me "why I bother to hand wash my car when the local spray-wash has soap that works just as good". I tried not to laugh too much.

imported_themightytimmah
10-11-2006, 11:07 PM
If you can find a friend with a house off-campus, that`s usually the way to go. I used a friend`s house all the time last year in return for a little free work, and now I`ve got my own house so I "pay it forward" to other people.