PDA

View Full Version : finally ordered a PC

socommatthews
10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
alright heres what i got.http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html and http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-450.html

i never used a PC before but i have an old RX-7 to practice on before i go to my baby.i would appreciate any tips or susgestions from you pros out there.all i really have on my daily driver are light swirl marks so i plan on using the orange DAS pad w/ the swirlbuster polish.spread it at about 3 and the work the polish in at 5.than do the same w/the blue pad and some 3M hand glaze before i put some sealant on.that sound right?

socommatthews
10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
anyone?please

imported_paradigm
10-11-2006, 09:23 PM
if you only have light swirls, you should try a white pad first...step up to the orange if the white doesn`t do it. remember to always start w/ the least aggressive and work your way up (general rule w/ polishing).

i haven`t used the sonus swirlbuster polish, but imagine it should work just fine.

i recommend claying the vehicle as well, if you haven`t done that recently (after washing but before polishing)

Eliot Ness
10-11-2006, 09:25 PM
I haven`t used the swirlbuster polish yet, but what you plan to do sounds about right since the swirlbuster pad is also orange. Don`t be afraid to go up to speed 6 if needed. You should also clay first, and I`d skip the glaze if you`re going to use a sealer because of bonding issues.

sevenrd
10-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Sounds good.

I haven`t used the swirlbuster polish before. I believe it has fillers to help hide swirls. Not a bad thing, I just prefer to actually remove all of the swirls rather than hide them. Also haven`t used the 3m hand glaze.

But, the PC process sounds fine. You may want to clay before the polish if it needs it. Also, don`t be afraid to crank the PC up to 6 if 5 isn`t cutting it.

EDIT: Wow, that`s some simultaneous posting there. :chuckle:

socommatthews
10-11-2006, 09:26 PM
cool guys i really appreciate the help.i guess the white pad is the one that comes with the 7424?

Eliot Ness
10-11-2006, 09:30 PM
cool guys i really appreciate the help.i guess the white pad is the one that comes with the 7424?No, don`t use that one, use the green pad that comes in your kit. Often a "white" pad is a polish pad, but not in the Sonus kit that you ordered.

sevenrd
10-11-2006, 09:31 PM
cool guys i really appreciate the help.i guess the white pad is the one that comes with the 7424?

Don`t use that pad! Use a white polishing pad from LC, Sonus, Propel, etc.

lukeinva
10-12-2006, 09:10 AM
The white pad for the sonus would be the green one. That kit its Orange-Toughest, Green-Med, Blue-Final polishing wont take out any swirls/defects. So use the green pad 1st if that doesnt cut it use the orange pad. The swirl buster is suppose to be a 3 step process it says by the 3rd time using it you wont have swirls. I just got some to test out. But I like getting them out the first time. I will see how it goes.

socommatthews
10-12-2006, 09:50 AM
^^^yea let us know how it works out for you.i wont be able to test it out till next week some time.