PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Thresholds for Products

lex89
10-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Winter is coming, and so is the cold weather (well actually it was 80 today, but that`s aside from the point :)). I have all of my products in the garage, which is not insulated from the outside. It could get as cold as 20F around here, which would mean the garage would be about as cold, probably a few degrees warmer. Will my products survive in the garage?

imported_Ivan Rajic
10-10-2006, 11:57 PM
i`d recommend storing them in some plastic boxes and inside your house... that`s what i do

fdizzle
10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
so for a garage on the bay area, california - temps really never fall below 50F, i would imagine 55-60F in my garage. Products are kept in a wood cabinet out of sunlight - is that to hars an enviornment for my chemicals, waxes ?

imported_02ZTSfocus
10-11-2006, 01:33 PM
I would, without a doubt, bring them in the house. Leaving them exposed to temperatures that low will cause the products to separate and in most cases become unusable. For all the more work involved with bringing them inside its not worth it to risk it.

Guy
10-11-2006, 01:37 PM
There was another thread on here talking about just this. Try a search, seemed like there was good info.