PDA

View Full Version : How should I use OCW into my process?

Azxster
10-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I am looking to do a quick winter preparation. I have school and work to do deal with so I`ll wait until spring to polish with a PC DAP.

I am planning to use ONR and want to use OCW.

I have a black Honda, single stage paint, orange peel, minimal scratching. I want a very wet look. How can I do so with OCW? Should I use it as a base or a topper with Natty`s Blue Paste Wax. I plan to use OCW every other wash (ONR) as well.

Scottwax
10-11-2006, 12:10 AM
If you are going to use OCW with every other wash, your paint will be more than adequately protected.

Azxster
10-11-2006, 12:22 AM
What would I use to get a deep wet shine?

Thanks Scott... I admire your work. Too bad I can`t get the Optimum Poli Wax.

Scottwax
10-11-2006, 12:34 AM
What would I use to get a deep wet shine?

Thanks Scott... I admire your work. Too bad I can`t get the Optimum Poli Wax.

Excel Detail has Poli-Seal. Only in gallons though-but a gallon would probably last the average person 5+ years. That`s definitely deepen the shine and should be fully compatible with OCW. You can also mix Werkstatt`s Carnauba Jett with OCW for added depth.

Azxster
10-11-2006, 12:38 AM
I can only order from Eshine.ca and Carcaresmart.com

Final question: Do I use the carnuba as the base or as the topper?

I thought carnuba should be last since it doesn`t bond with polymer sealant however if I use OCW to top it off... then I am confused.

racingbeat
10-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I use ONR and OCW now.

I seal with Poorboys EXP or Werkstatt`s sealant (Acrylic Jett Trigger). Once that cures overnight I add a paste wax (pink wax). In your case that would be to use your Natty`s Blue once a month. Now I`m not sure how it gets along with NB but After each ONR wash you can boost the gloss with the spray form of OCW. Since its black I would chase it with FK 425, it leaves it soooo slick and the anti-static ingredient cuts down on dirt building up, that slickness extends the life of the underlying waxes and sealants in a big way. I would never leave my paint bare without at least a quick once over over of FK 425.

p.s.

After washing with ONR I spray the still wet car with FK 146 quick detailing cleaner. Its like FK 425 but with cleaning bite. This way it leaves a slick anti-static finish (almost like waxing) and catches and missed spots after using the ONR. ONR and 146 is a great one two cleaning punch if you don`t have allot of time or don`t have access to a hose.

spotter
10-11-2006, 02:51 PM
I wash with ONR and I usually (at least every other wash) spray OCW on each panel before drying the ONR.....works great, saves one step, beads and looks fantastic. I can wash and wax the entire car (excluding wheels) in 15-20 minutes. Doesn`t get much better than that.