PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Elite towels?

Pages : [1] 2

racingbeat
10-10-2006, 04:15 PM
I can`t tell from the photos but how are the CG`s MF towels? I only have towels with silk binding (Poorboys Mega & Detail City make) how do these compare? the 12 towels for $32 sounds like a good deal (these aren`t made in China are they?)

http://www.chemicalguys.com/product_p/mic_501_12.htm

MorBid
10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Hmm sounds interesting, I would like to hear some feed back as well. I`ve been using Meg`s MF`s all summer and really like them but 12 for 32 smackers is a hard deal to pass up.

Plus with winter washing coming I need to rotate my current supply.

MorBiD

Sherman8r44
10-10-2006, 04:30 PM
There`s already been a few threads on these towels. Most people say they are very plush and great for QDing, similar to the Cobra Super Plush and Viking Blue Drying Towel.

Setec Astronomy
10-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Pssstt...everything is made in China...check out these (http://www.microfibertech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=29) too.

racingbeat
10-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I`m making an effort to not buy China made. Most of the towels I have had a little made in S.Korea paper in the packaging. But I mean enough is enough already with everything being made in China.

The worst part is everyone seems to have called it quits on at least buying from our allies.

and for pete`s sake Why aren`t these towels made here in the USA? oh yeah I forgot we are now a service nation (with bad service at that).

A China made towel better not be more than $2 a towel, you know with the slave labor

they use over ther and all.

wondering what the binding is like on this towel.

DM101
10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
These are great towels!!!! I wish my whole stock (200+) were CG Elites!!!!!!!

racingbeat
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
we have a winner^ How is the binding? (is there a made in Korea tag on it?)

Tried calling the 1-800 no answer.

ashsarna
10-10-2006, 05:46 PM

Yeah, their Elite Chubby are better/thicker/softer than any of my Pakshak or viking towels (I still love those too though). I love knowing that extra plush soft mf touch my paint.

corsa_sport
10-10-2006, 07:31 PM
The CG Elite are great! Best MFs I ever bought!

The CG normal MFs are a bit weak though...

I wish my whole MFs would have the quality of these babies

imported_Padron
10-10-2006, 08:28 PM

Agreed, I just got some last week, Great MF`s..... :2thumbs:

imported_WCD
10-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Not all towels are made in China and yes, it would be nice if there were more textile plants in the US. After my last order, which Customs went through like never before, I tried to find a plant here in the US-haven`t found one. Per towel, it is not that bad and some retail stores are upselling towels like you can`t believe! However, on a small order (low thousands), towel prices go up around 37 cents per towel when you get through broker fees, exams, cargo company fees, etc. When you pay almost a dollar per towel and then add that amount, you can`t charge $1.25 per towel and make money.

S. Korea seems to be popular, but I`ve had samples from everywhere and I think it has more to do with the factory and its machines vs. a country.

You should see the stuff I see when I go to the cargo companies to pick up an order. I don`t think there is much made here...the golf equipment is all over the place. Even when I call Dell`s 800 number, I get India now.

After moving to Ohio I can see why factories would want to locate here vs. the west coast. The cost of commercial property is about 80% less. That said, there are a lot of plants closing from what I read in the papers.

The economy is not the same as it was for our parents. It`s global and companies are adjusting quickly and it`s fierce.

I wonder what towel we will be discussing in five years from now? Wouldn`t it be exciting to say, "Remember when microfiber was popular?" I wonder how many MF vendors like this comment? :)

Rob Regan

Setec Astronomy
10-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I`m making an effort to not buy China made. Most of the towels I have had a little made in S.Korea paper in the packaging. But I mean enough is enough already with everything being made in China.

The worst part is everyone seems to have called it quits on at least buying from our allies.

and for pete`s sake Why aren`t these towels made here in the USA? oh yeah I forgot we are now a service nation (with bad service at that).

A China made towel better not be more than $2 a towel, you know with the slave labor

they use over ther and all.

wondering what the binding is like on this towel.

I hear you, but trying to find something to buy that`s not made in China is like trying to find...well, it`s darn near impossible. The towels in question, if they are like the MFT towels, and you believe the AG sales spiel, are sewn in China of South Korean cloth (I think in the same plant as the Urban Sombrero :rolleyes: ) And the edging is beautiful soft microfiber. If you want a MF that`s made in the US, you want DF. I guess we`d better get used to the Chinese towels because the South Korean MF plants will probably be the first targets once the North gets those nukes onto a missile :grinno:

rliewky
10-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Pssstt...everything is made in China...check out these (http://www.microfibertech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=29) too.

are they the same towels? looks like microfibertech is selling cheaper

MorBid
10-11-2006, 01:16 AM

I`ve found that a lot of towels work well when new but start to fall off with each washing. Some after the very first wash.

Now before anyone says anything, I`ve been washing my towels in everything from Pinnicale`s product for MF`s, Micro-Restore, Woolite, and "All Free and Clear" Laundry Soap only to find the last two do just as a good job as the two previous more expensive stuff that I have to order.

So far of all the towels I`ve brought only Meguiars Supreme Shine Towels (http://www.meguiars.com/?car-wash-towels/Supreme-Shine-Microfiber) hold up well to washing and come back each time nice and soft. That and I can get them at the local Pep Boys Auto Store.

So b4 I pluck down any more cash for the latest and greatest towels I need to know how they hold up to washing. I`m not asking or expecting them to last forever but I`d like to get at least 10 or so washes out of em.

MorBiD

DM101
10-11-2006, 06:51 AM
They are quality towels. Wish CG would read my post and send me a few freebies. Like I said The are the first towels I reach for!!!!!!!