PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Hand Polish Bundle

asm505
10-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Has anyone tried this. Will this help w/ swirl marks and wash induced marring that you get overtime? Is it easy to use? Is there a chance of causing damage to the paint or is it pretty mild? Thanks for your help.

mysteryan
02-26-2008, 06:16 AM
They make it sound as effective as using a machine. Anyone actually try this?

Sonus Hand Polish Bundle (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/sonhandpol.html)

steelwind101
02-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Hello

The Sonus hand Bundle is a nice choice and you will get some good results! How hard it is and how much you have to work it is down to your paintworks toughness and the depth and defects you want to remove.

If you have swirls, the light marring caused from washing etc. then this should clear it up no problems. I have used it on alot of paintworks except hard german finishes like Audi. It was effect on my BMW which tends to have softer paintwork. Results on Japanese paintwork came quicker and easier.

What it wont remove or atleast you may have to spend for every doing it! Is the deeper swirls or if you put a light to your paintwork and all you see is dense line after line of damage you may well have your work cut out.

Thats not of course to say you couldent put it in the garage over a weekend and try on 3 seperate days with the harsher polish (SFX1) then on the final finish with the lighter one.

Its important to understand this isnt wipe on wipe off, it requires working in a small area with medium pressure for around 5 mins. I would keep to about a square foot or so. It is about hardwork and as i mentioned if your seriously scarred up then you may still not be to happy.

What this product will do, and this is why i recommend the use of a minor abbrasive when hand polishing is bring back a really nice luster as it will refine the finish. Even more so, it will "dead head" swirls and scratches (so that they are less visible my knocking down the sharpe edges tht reflect the sun light) which really improves the surface of the paintwork.

This is even better when you are few yards away from the car as swirls will be less visable.

I should note also the hand polisher Applicators are GREAT! Everyone should have them, however tehy are prone to clogging up if you use to much polish or try to do TOO much polishing with them. If you want to hit the car 3 times in a weekend i would pick up another polishing pad. You can always use them later for applying other products! If this si your first time with the SFX line you dont want to over load your pad part way through polishing and have to spend the rest of the weekend thinking "what could have been".

If you overload with polish it will come through to the otherside as well, been there done that.

A defect removal system? Maybe not not totally, you have to take it with a bit salt and contemplate the condition of your car, your stamina and what can achieved. In contrast, this is a 100x more effective then products like Megs ScratchX etc, These are proper polishes!

Scottwax used to work totally by hand and achieve great finishes. These applicators make it much easier. Put it this way, its $22 and if odesnt work out you can use the applicator again and use the polishes on a UDM or G220.

I dont think you can lose if you want to try!

Geoff