PDA

View Full Version : New Car, First Wash

dmehak
10-10-2006, 01:03 PM
When I take delivery of my new car the transit plastic will still be stuck to the paint, and after I remove it, I’m wondering what type of car wash shampoo I should use for the first wash?

Thanks.

58fury
10-10-2006, 01:45 PM
guess you were able to get the dealer to give you your car without removing the plastic ecgt?? if so congrats, thought the dealer in most cases had to remove it in case of damage or scratches ect, RE wash i would just stick to Gold Class, dont think the residue will be hard to remove, if so guessing goo gone or simular product would do, good luck and congrats

dmehak
10-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I’m still waiting on delivery, we’ll see if they actually leave it on or not…

Are the over the counter car washes like Gold Class any stronger than the specialty shampoos?

What about using Dawn for the first wash?

58fury
10-11-2006, 01:06 AM
if you dont ask/mention it to them, odds are they will remove plastic and wash ect, RE Gold class, dont think its any stronger per say, but it is a high end car wash shampoo, as for using dawn i wouldnt rec/bother, you could always clay, polish, then top w good wax, i was going to clay my new 07 Santa Fe, but decided not to, i did inspect paint though, ended up appying Klasse Twins, and i just ordered Nattys Blue Wax which ill apply as a topper to Klasse, id like to add 1 more coat of SG though, after all, the good ol Canadian winter is around the corner grrrrrr lol, i will clay however next spring