PDA

View Full Version : tire cleaner....

Pages : [1] 2

Envious Eric
10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
what is a good tire cleaner....for those tires that are caked on and stained with dirt....my scrubber and car wash soap doesnt cut it.....

and is there another wheel cleaner like megs wheel brightener....or is that one of the best....

Setec Astronomy
10-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Eagle One All-Wheel and Tire Cleaner (formerly A2Z) is pretty good for both wheels and tires. Another tire cleaner that seems pretty good, although I`ve only used it once, is Hi-Temp`s Tire Cleaner available from Top Of The Line. As far as acid wheel cleaners like Meg`s Wheel Brightener, there are plenty, if you want to use an acid.

SpoiledMan
10-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Meguiar`s Super Degreaser works well with a little elbow grease added. It`s pretty economical as well.

Envious Eric
10-09-2006, 09:54 PM
yeah I have no problem using the acid types on wheels that I can....

but what about a specific tire only cleaner....i dont want a two in one, one steps are so so, but dedicated products work the best...

Envious Eric
10-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Meguiar`s Super Degreaser works well with a little elbow grease added. It`s pretty economical as well.

on tires????? i have a gallon of that....ill try it out before buying something else...but if that doesnt work how I want, what else??

gofastman
10-09-2006, 10:05 PM
I like Castrol super clean degreaser or Simple Green, both diluted. They may however, damage some rims so be carefull

kpagel
10-09-2006, 10:13 PM
on tires????? i have a gallon of that....ill try it out before buying something else...but if that doesnt work how I want, what else??

I`ve used Super Degreaser on really nasty wheels and tires (usually just ugly steelies or beat up wheels, not nice wheels). It works well cleaning the tires. Its not something to use all the time obviously, but to get the intial clean, it works well. Its probably not a great idea to use it repeatedly on the same tire, but I have no problem using pretty strong chemicals on things once, just to get them really clean, then maintaining them with something a bit safer.

CroMag
10-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Timely thread as I just did a little experiment with TOL tire cleaner (diluted 50/50) and EO Tire and Wheel cleaner today. Both worked very well, but the one thing I noticed about the EO is that it tends to leave the tires a slight shade of brown after it is rinsed and dried. The TOL left it more black.

I thought it may have been differences in the tires, but I did the same tire half and half, and the EO side was definitely more brown. Once the dressing was applied, the brownish color went away- but all the same, I`m going to stick with the TOL.

SpoiledMan
10-09-2006, 10:21 PM
When I posted, my tiny little mind took in "extremely dirty" tires. For normal cleaning I use either Meguiar`s APC or Safe Degreaser and they both work well. Again, both are economical.

ret
10-09-2006, 10:59 PM
what about a specific tire only cleaner....i dont want a two in one, one steps are so so, but dedicated products work the best...

Wesley`s Bleche White....Game Over!!

RET

VWdriver
10-09-2006, 11:30 PM
I haven`t used many tire cleaners but I do like Mother`s rubber cleaner. I always find it necessary to go over the tire with a towel after I`ve scrubbed and rinsed them.

JohnZ3MC
10-10-2006, 12:28 AM
I`ve been on a quest for the perfect tire cleaner for quite a while and the best I`ve found to date, for all aspects, cleaning and price, is the Hi-Temp tire cleaner from Top of the Line.

Setec Astronomy referenced it also, and he`s one smart fella`. It removes brown ooooze other cleaners can`t even touch.

-John C.

imported_fishbonezken
10-10-2006, 12:35 AM
I second Eagle One`s All wheel and tire. it is strong, I cut it 1:1 and still leaves my tires squeaky clean.

Meguiar`s All Purpose Cleaner at 3:1 works for tires, wheels and fender wells. ( still not as strong as EO`s all wheel & tire cleaner)

tustah
10-10-2006, 01:17 AM
TOL Tire Cleaner.

kpagel
10-10-2006, 01:22 AM
TOL Tire Cleaner.

I think I`m going to have to buy some of this stuff.