PDA

View Full Version : Natty Blue

Pages : [1] 2

58fury
10-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey just wondering for those who have tried Nattys Blue, how they liked it? Just applied Klasse Twins and would like to top w Nattys Blue. Is this as good as ive heard/read? esp on dark colors?

GlossyTundra
10-09-2006, 01:06 PM
nattys blue is incredible on dark colors and will definatly help on your current sealant.

58fury
10-09-2006, 01:10 PM
great thanks, im going to order some soon, and put a coat on, how about layering it?

Hey, Moe!
10-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I used it this summer on my dark gray metallic car, and I liked it. It does seem to be particularly good on dark colors.

I used Clearkote`s RMG under it, and put on two layers of Natty`s Blue. Every month, I clayed with Sonus green clay, and added another layer. I will soon go to 845IW for the winter, but I was happy with the Natty`s.

As with most every detailing product, go with thin coats. Don`t use too much, and it is easy to work with. My jar of Natty`s will probably last two more years, but of course I will have given in to temptation by then and tried something else.

58fury
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
lol, thanks, ya im the same way, anyways i just ordered Natty Blue from eshine, should be here in about 3 days, think i might just put a coat or 2 of Nattys, and skip the 2nd coat of SG, this way it will be Klasse twins, and Nattys B x2

Hey, Moe!
10-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Just try to resist the temptation to eat some of it ; ) It has a smell that reminds me of chewing bubblegum as a kid.

4point6
10-09-2006, 02:42 PM
I`ve heard nothing but good things about, and I am also thinking of getting some soon. Does it have the same effect on lighter cars as well, just an extra boost on darker colors? I`m asking because my car is yellow and don`t know if I should grab the regular nattys or the blue.

Grimm
10-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Just try to resist the temptation to eat some of it ; ) It has a smell that reminds me of chewing bubblegum as a kid.

I second that! With all the stuff I`ve gotten lately, my wife always says "mmmmm" when she is near me polishing/waxing.

superchargedg
10-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I`ve heard nothing but good things about, and I am also thinking of getting some soon. Does it have the same effect on lighter cars as well, just an extra boost on darker colors? I`m asking because my car is yellow and don`t know if I should grab the regular nattys or the blue.

i would probably use the blue for yellow,i think the reagular is more for white/silver cars and light colors.

slick61
10-09-2006, 03:12 PM
My first experience with Natty`s Blue wasn`t overly positive. I applied it over 2 coats of NXT on my Raiforest Green (fairly dark) Saturn Vue.

It looked good, though not notably better than the NXT alone. Removal was MUCH more difficult than the NXT.

I may have applied it too thick, so will reserve judgement til I`ve got a few more applications under my belt.

paul34
10-09-2006, 03:27 PM
I second that! With all the stuff I`ve gotten lately, my wife always says "mmmmm" when she is near me polishing/waxing.

Definitely! That stuff smells great. If you live with other people and park your car in a garage, they`ll know when you`ve just waxed it (from the smell) :xyxthumbs

actually, they won`t know that you waxed it, they`ll just say "what smells so good?" :chuckle:

mcnab
10-09-2006, 03:32 PM
My first experience with Natty`s Blue wasn`t overly positive. I applied it over 2 coats of NXT on my Raiforest Green (fairly dark) Saturn Vue.

It looked good, though not notably better than the NXT alone. Removal was MUCH more difficult than the NXT.

I may have applied it too thick, so will reserve judgement til I`ve got a few more applications under my belt.

That`s one thing you`ve got to be carefull about with nattys. Do 2 panels, come back and buff off the first, then do a 3rd panel, buff the 2nd, do a 4th panel, come back and buff the third. I found this gave it enough time to haze over and buff off easily. I too left it to long on 1 panel (maybe 4 minutes as the MOST) and it was a real paint to get off. So make sure you get it off whne it hazes :)

Other than tht, the natty`s looks amazingly wet! Far better than the S100 I had.

Derf
10-09-2006, 04:16 PM
I really like it on my red car. It makes the paint look very wet.

Junebug
10-09-2006, 06:28 PM
I`ve applied it with PC and removed with PC, dusted a lot! and I went through several MF bonnets. Second time, different car, I applied and removed by hand. It`s kinda like using shoe polish, rub the applicator in the can then rub on the paint, just was a pain to wipe off. And I really try to do it THIN! I guess after using WG sealer I`m spoiled at the ease of use that WG has. As far as looks go, it may look a little better with Natty`s, but it seems to attract dust more - the kind that sticks as opposed to the sealer where it just blows off when driving.

Evenflow
10-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Ease of use, deep wet look. Lasts for about 40 applications. Absolutely love it.