PDA

View Full Version : WURTH products - how are they?

ashsarna
10-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I have not heard much about them. Seems more talk about Einzett Carlack ect. Are they good? They seem similar in descriptions of their products as Einzett. Thanks.

porta
10-09-2006, 09:52 AM
I think Carlack makes them.

Accumulator
10-09-2006, 11:09 AM
I`ve been very happy with the Wurth stuff that I`ve used.

A specific recommendation: I prefer their Gummi Stick product for rubber seals over the 1Z one (and note that I`m a bif fan of 1Z stuff, this was based on direct side-by-side testing).

Also, their (aerosol) Rubber Treatment is a very clean product, but it can be tricky to apply without overspray, simply due to it being an aerosol (I often spray it on a cloth/swab and use that to apply).

ashsarna
10-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys. Interesting about the Carlack potential connection.

I am able to get the Wurth and 1Z stuff locally. However, have not had a chance to try Wurth (relatively expensive). Thus any feedback is appreciated. Hey, Accum, that Gummi Stick is on the weekend purchase ;) .

Krautfed 03
10-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Just about anything from Wurth is quality stuff. The company I work for is actually owned by Wurth, so I use a lot of the stuff on a "trial" basis. :nervous:

Accumulator
10-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Krautfed 03- Heh heh, you lucky guy :D

.. that Gummi Stick is on the weekend purchase..

I apply the stuff to a cloth rather than using the sponge on the product...once the sponge gets dirty (and it will) it grosses me out.

David Fermani
10-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I always liked using their sticker remover rubber buffing wheel. Nice tool.

Accumulator
10-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Ah, I didn`t know they had one in their line-up (I`ve only seen the 3M one). Do they *really* work OK, without marring the paint?

David Fermani
10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Ah, I didn`t know they had one in their line-up (I`ve only seen the 3M one). Do they *really* work OK, without marring the paint?

Yes they do. It literally rips the sticker off without harming the paint what so ever. Great for really big jobs like big trucks. I wouldn`t go through the hassel to bring it out to remove 1 sticker, but you could.

armoredsaint
10-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys. Interesting about the Carlack potential connection.

I am able to get the Wurth and 1Z stuff locally. However, have not had a chance to try Wurth (relatively expensive). Thus any feedback is appreciated. Hey, Accum, that Gummi Stick is on the weekend purchase ;) .

Can you tell me where you got it in Columbus? Is it on the westside of town? Thanks

ashsarna
10-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Can you tell me where you got it in Columbus? Is it on the westside of town? Thanks

armoredsaintt, great to see another autopian in columbus.

You got pm :o

Accumulator
10-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Yes [the decal removers] do work..

Thanks, I`m gonna keep that in mind.