PDA

View Full Version : Longest lasting, Aqua Wax or Acrylic Jett ?

Aquapop
10-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Want to get ready for winter.

SVR
10-09-2006, 06:55 AM
I would go with jett. aqua wax would not last 12 to 15 months

TigerMike
10-09-2006, 07:00 AM
AW will last 2.5-3 months in my experience, depending on conditions. It seems like it`s beading just will not die. I`ve tested it on multiple cars with varying paint care and quality, and it`s durability is really quite nice for an easy spray sealant.

For the winter, I plan on 1-2 coats of the #105 polish and following with AW. Will easily last the winter here.

racingbeat
10-09-2006, 09:09 AM
AJ is sealant works very well but doesn`t serve the same purpose of the Aqua Wax.

I use both, the AJ once every few months imediately after polishing and the Aqua Wax after a wash to boost my paste wax (every other month).

AJ leaves what I call a "new paint" appearance, very clear and imaculate. AW leaves a `just waxed" look more `bling` if you will. Kind of like people noticing when you have new shoes on vs. noticing when you just had your shoes shined.

p.s.

I tried out the Optimum Car Wax spray this weekend which I will use after a wash now and its more in line with the AJ finish, a hard clear high shine. Chased with 425 as usual. I was applying it and my new neighbohr couldn`t beleive it was six old he thought it was an `06. :)

imported_Yal
10-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Klasse AIO chased by Aquawax last a long time. Aquawax is underated its suprisingly durable, my car sits outside 24/7 :)

imported_Picus
10-09-2006, 09:27 AM
If you`re not going to be "boosting" it, AJ. If you are, AW just from a cost/ease of application perspective. I use AJ and boost with AJT, but that`s just me.

Cassman
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
I would go with jett. aqua wax would not last 12 to 15 months

12 to 15 months? I`d hate to have a winter that long! Not flaming, just kidding around. :chuckle:

Setec Astronomy
10-09-2006, 10:57 AM
12 to 15 months? I`d hate to have a winter that long! Not flaming, just kidding around. :chuckle:

I guess in Australia it`s 12 months until the end of the next winter...either that or SVR thinks that`s how long AJ lasts.

wannafbody
10-09-2006, 11:52 AM
:lol maybe he`s taking an extended vacation at the south pole

martinager
10-09-2006, 03:43 PM
AW will last 2.5-3 months in my experience, depending on conditions. It seems like it`s beading just will not die. I`ve tested it on multiple cars with varying paint care and quality, and it`s durability is really quite nice for an easy spray sealant.

For the winter, I plan on 1-2 coats of the #105 polish and following with AW. Will easily last the winter here.

And top it with a nice nuba for even more drool worthy deph and wetness :)

SVR
10-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Well I am hoping it will. Should do with five coats on the car, washed with jeffs and prima and acrylic glos used while drying.

But yeah It still cannot replace that waxy look.

I`m not one for wax anymore. Unless it`s non metallic paint.

Brian_Brice
10-14-2006, 12:20 PM
i just picked some aw up for 5 bucks at a local parts store. good price? anyhow i plan on using it on top many existing layers of ajt. i think it`s going to be my go to for my silver mb.

shortspark
10-14-2006, 03:05 PM
i just picked some aw up for 5 bucks at a local parts store. good price? anyhow i plan on using it on top many existing layers of ajt. i think it`s going to be my go to for my silver mb.

Although I usually use AIO/SG on my silver Honda, I decided to use AJ on my fiance`s brand new 2007 Sonata. I used AIO followed by two coats of AJ spaced 8 hours apart. A couple days later I washed the car again and applied a coat of AquaWax and it just looks fantastic. I`m sure the durability will last for a whole bunch of months, especially if I continue to use toppers like AW after washes.

klnyc
10-14-2006, 04:44 PM
AIO n SG are good

Prime n AJ also great too. I use them on light color(silver,beige,gray,et).