PDA

View Full Version : Clearcoated factory rims

Pages : [1] 2

Fallz
10-08-2006, 10:03 PM
What to use to make them pop ??

evo77
10-08-2006, 10:10 PM
I don`t think there is a "best" product to make your wheels stand out more than they do when their spotless and clean with good ole` soap and water.

BlueLibby04
10-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I find that meguiars DC1 followed by #26 is harmful to the eyes. if you throw some #7 or DC2 in there it may cause fires if the sun hits them just right. :chuckle:

Ben Kenobi
10-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Evo77 you have got to be kidding me! Meg`s may look good but try the Klasse twins or another good sealant and you`ll get amazing flake and protection. I`ve also used Glare polish with wheel sealant on top and the looks are fantastic months later.

evo77
10-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Evo77 you have got to be kidding me! Meg`s may look good but try the Klasse twins or another good sealant and you`ll get amazing flake and protection. I`ve also used Glare polish with wheel sealant on top and the looks are fantastic months later.

No actually I`m not. I`d love to see pics of a before and after painted clear coated wheel with a polish or wax that provided a noticeable difference. Sure the wheel might be slicker and easier to clean but doubt it would make it "pop" enough to notice.

lambostealth
10-09-2006, 01:40 AM
No actually I`m not. I`d love to see pics of a before and after painted clear coated wheel with a polish or wax that provided a noticeable difference. Sure the wheel might be slicker and easier to clean but doubt it would make it "pop" enough to notice.

EVO!!!!!!!!!! Whats up brother, I use my Z8 on my wheels, the bronze metallic SEEMS to pop a bit more in dirct sunlight, color seems more viberant as well, but it could be in my head!?

Accumulator
10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
I don`t see any significant difference between my painted wheels and the paint on the rest of the car. So 95% of it is in the prep and the last 5% attributable to the LSP is just a subtle, personal preference, thing.

Do I think I see a subtle difference between identical wheels with 476S vs. UPP/KSG on them? Yeah. Would anybody else see it? Nope.

Ben Kenobi
10-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I`ll see if I have any of mine without and with the sealant on them Evo. Accumulator, most people probably wouldn`t notice the difference but we would. I don`t think it was so much of not putting different products on them but leaving them bare. As someone once said on here, "If it has a surface it can have a coating put on it". I`ve cleaned wheels that looked ok after they were done. After putting a sealant on I noticed a big difference and so has the owner. To each his own, if you don`t want to I won`t force you to. I just like to be able to have great looking aluminum wheels (painted) that are easy to clean too.

Accumulator
10-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Ben Kenobi- Oh jeeze..I think failed to communicate what I meant :o Sorry, my bad.

I keep LSPs on *all* my vehicles` wheels, would never leave `em bare for all sorts of reasons. Yeah, they sure *do* look better with something on them, even brand new wheels right out of the box. What I meant was that I can`t spot the differences between the various LSPs as readily on wheels as I (think) I can on the regular paint. Sorry to have been so unclear.

Ben Kenobi
10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey no biggie Accumulator! I thought that`s what you were meaning as I know you`re not the type to leave a finish unprotected. It is hard to tell the difference between LSP`s. The AIO and SG combo does look very similar to Glare. I do find the Glare has lasted all summer with only car soap cleaning. The wheel wax I put on also has helped greatly with brake dust. Thanks for your thoughts.

ret
10-09-2006, 12:27 PM
I use Z-2 on my clear coated aluminum rims, and Turtle Wax Ice Detail Spray for maintenance on them.

TW-Ice got some negative chater in a past Autopia thread….the Ice detail spray works great for me as a mild cleaner and shine booster on my clear coated rims.

When I do a quick detail on my car or truck that doesn`t requier a full wash, thats when I`ll go to the TW-Ice on my rims.

Ret

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1922ztire-med.jpg

evo77
10-09-2006, 12:29 PM
EVO!!!!!!!!!! Whats up brother, I use my Z8 on my wheels, the bronze metallic SEEMS to pop a bit more in dirct sunlight, color seems more viberant as well, but it could be in my head!?

Neonlite! You sly devil what`s with the different sn? What a surprise that you`d find me posting in a thread about wheels huh? LOL

Personally for me the only benefit to adding any kind of product on wheels would be for ease of cleaning. Other than that the visual impact would be hardly noticeable to me or anyone else.

But if it works for you guys then... :bigups

fdizzle
10-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Klasse twins are always an easy combo for rimage, I`v got silver cleared wheels on my nissan, the AIO helps with a little shine, but the KSG lasts for days, and m makes washing a breeze. . .

imported_Astral
10-09-2006, 01:25 PM
What to use to make them pop ??

Zaino Z2-Pro. see this photo (http://ilp303.com/albums/rx8winterwheels/summernextday1.jpg) of my factory rims after 3x z2-pro and finished with z8.

Accumulator
10-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah, four layers of KSG usually last until I swap to/from snowtires or at least until it`s time to rotate `em, that`s cleaning with a stronger-than-normal shampoo mix. I`d sure expect Zaino to work just as well. Collinite will *almost* get through an entire winter, usually just starting to look iffy by springtime.

Ben Kenobi- OK, *now* we`re on the same page :xyxthumbs