PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Sealant for Use on Top of Natty`s Blue?

Pages : [1] 2

sWISHbrade
10-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi,

Im extremely fond of using NB for the wetness it gives :woot2: but I`m using Klasse SG now and it does not bond at all on top of NB :sadpace:.

I`m having a real problem thinking up of a programme, which I can follow to maintain top quality wet shine weekly, and a monthly application of NB, without re-starting from scratch with AIO?

Should I clay lightly before I apply my monthly application of NB?

Can you help guys?

Thanks!

paul34
10-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately I don`t think you`re going to really find an easy way to do that. The best way to do it is to just apply your sealant, then rewax with NB however often you want to. Eventually, just start over.

martinager
10-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Duragloss.

Duragloss Bonding pagent, let dry to a haze.

Apply Duragloss 105 TPP on top of haze with a PC / finishing pad for best spread.

WIpe off both at the tsame time.

Top with Duragloss Aquawax.

Leaves tremendous flake pop, wetness and deph.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/ryandamartini/P9240073.jpg

martinager
10-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Youo dont top nattys blue. ;)

It is a topper.

DrSauekraut
10-08-2006, 11:07 AM
If you do a bit of reading [how-to or search], you’ll understand why a synthetic cannot bond with a carnauba.

Out of curiosity, why not add another coat of Natty`s?

sWISHbrade
10-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Out of curiosity, why not add another coat of Natty`s?

Honestly, much as I`d like to think I have the Autopian mentality, I`d hate to spend all my weekends buffing off NB. Any spray and wipe type of boosters which I can use weekly?

On a separate note, should I clay lightly before re-applying another coat of NB? I`m thinking of doing that monthly.

Thanks!

imported_Picus
10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Poorboys Spray & Gloss has a little protection in it, and works fine over NB. Clay will remove anything you have on the surface now, so you`ll just be stripping your NB.

I think you`re best bet it to clay, put some some HGSG, wait 24 hours, apply NB, then maintain with S&G.

Sherman8r44
10-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Just maintain it with a good carnauba-based QD after washes. Chemical Guys Pro Detailer w/carnauba or Griot`s Speed Shine will work very well for you.

sWISHbrade
10-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks Picus and Sherman8r_44! :spot

Big Leegr
10-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Honestly, much as I`d like to think I have the Autopian mentality, I`d hate to spend all my weekends buffing off NB. Any spray and wipe type of boosters which I can use weekly?

From the PB line, you could use QW+. Of course, you likely won`t have the same look as with just the Natty`s. Any booster wax will likely change the look, though. QW+ and Mothers FX Spray Wax can both be used without waiting for it to haze, yet still add protection/shine boost.

Just as an aside, how long does it take you to buff off a wax? If I`m not polishing first, it certainly wouldn`t take me the better part of a weekend, or even better part of a day to put an extra coat of wax on. And if I were to use something like the Pin. or P21S type waxes, where I didn`t need to wait for it to dry, it might be even faster, depending on the temp. etc.

Just wondering. ;)

paul34
10-08-2006, 01:15 PM
It might be that you`re applying NB too thickly. I have the same problem - it really is a beech to wipe off if you make that mistake; trust me, I know. :o

Try some QD on the towel you use to wipe the residue off with.

HondaGuy
10-08-2006, 01:25 PM
How about maintaining it with OCW...

imported_SilverStallion
10-08-2006, 07:54 PM
How about maintaining it with OCW...

My suggestion as well...definitely.

~Darren

sWISHbrade
10-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Just as an aside, how long does it take you to buff off a wax? If I`m not polishing first, it certainly wouldn`t take me the better part of a weekend, or even better part of a day to put an extra coat of wax on. And if I were to use something like the Pin. or P21S type waxes, where I didn`t need to wait for it to dry, it might be even faster, depending on the temp. etc.

Just wondering. ;)

I think I`ve been too generous with my NB application, making it a royal PITA to buff off. Once, it took me a whole hour (buffing alone) :nixweiss

ManiZ
10-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Yes, this definitely sounds like an over-application issue.

I used NB for the first time last weekend, but I have found it to be extremely easy to apply and remove. It is the product that showed me what "goes on like butter" means. I applied to the whole car before beginning removal. It came off so easily, I was astounded!