PDA

View Full Version : Your best Pads- tell me!!!

ashsarna
10-07-2006, 01:38 PM
State your best pads. Lets break it down between velcro backed and all other. This will help me and others like me on choosing appropriate ones. For the record I have edge classic (on order from ocdgarage.com) and LCVC pads. So I can not compare myself at the moment :o .

One question, what about these from cma: http://www.properautocare.com/coprorpopa.html

or

http://www.properautocare.com/grgipopadfor.html

ret
10-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I own a set of the Green and a set of the Orange Constant Pressure pads, which I got from Properautocare.

They work well with Menzerna Polishes via PC.

I have many miles on these pads and have had no velcro problems with them.

RET

White95Max
10-07-2006, 03:47 PM
My preferred pads are the P2s from http://www.exceldetail.com

The rippled edges combined with a 6" BP can nearly eliminate any curling back of the edges during hard polishing.

cleanyourcar
10-07-2006, 04:01 PM
For Menzerna, especially the cerami-clear ones, I`d seriously consider the Sonus Polishing (white) ones. The Sonus Blue is also ideal for all finial finish polishes that i`ve tried including Sonus, Mernzerna and Optimum.

I find the LC ones a bit ordinary tbh.

usdm
10-07-2006, 04:31 PM
When I am doing the rotary, I work with the Meguiar`s pads. But when I am working with the D/A I work vary my choices, but I do not work with the concave pads

imported_SHICKS
10-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I`m using Sonus SFX pads now. Although a little smaller, very effective and good construction. I can apply quite a bit of pressure if needed with these pads.

Steve

silkstone
10-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I just bought a couple of Blue pads from Finish Kare... really nice, also got the Spun Gold® Wash Mitt.. it`s all I will use from now on to wash my car.

wannafbody
10-07-2006, 06:28 PM
LC orange by RO

Edge Yellow and green by rotary

imported_eLrEyNaDa
10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Lake country constant pressure is my favorite pad and i have lake country, sonus and propel pads but damn i have to re-glue the pads after each wash

GearHead_1
10-07-2006, 09:20 PM
I`m and Edge 2K guy. The orange pad is my favorite. There are many times that I can use a compound with an orange pad and go straight to an LSP without stepping down. I find it to be very versatile.

ashsarna
10-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I am leaning towards the CMA pads (that I supplied the link of above) or the SFX pads. They are both on sale and seem to be high quality material. I have read good things on the SFX but not much talk about the CMA ones. WHat do you guys think? Any durability issues or otherwise?

justin30513
10-08-2006, 10:07 AM
I used EDGE2K pads on a daily basis with the PC. I have for over 4 months now.

Yellow Cutting Pad

Excellent pad for cutting oxidized and water spotted paint. I have used Megs #80 and have got awesome results.

Green Cutting Pad

Good swirl removing pad that will not leave marring coupled with compounds like XMT3 and OHC.

Orange Polishing Pad

I use this one more than any pad. A true all around pad. I`ve used it with a cleaner wax and got amazing cut and polish. Used with a more abrasive compound, it will not clog and will still cut.

Blue Finishing Pad.

A very durable pad for one steppers and cleaner waxes.

White Finishing Pad.

This is the best LSP pad I`ve ever used. VERY durable and spreads liquid waxes and sealants evenly and consistantly. I`ve been using this same pad for over 4 months now. All pads clean up well and can be machined washed on gentle. Plus, you get two pads in one and it`s centered everytime.