PDA

View Full Version : PC vs. Griott`s garage orbital...

imported_Ivan Rajic
10-06-2006, 01:24 PM
i got the griott`s garage orbital as a gift... i started using a rotary soon after because i didn`t like how slow the orbital removed defects... now i`m curious, would i have been a lot more satisfied with the PC compared to the orbital from griott`s garage???

anyone here used both?

just need to know if i should sell this and buy a PC for very small imperfections and stuff like that

thanks

fdizzle
10-06-2006, 01:45 PM
The GG machine and the PC 7336sp and 7424 are very similar. Though they may not be the same, idential machine they all operate the same way -

Which type of pads have you tried using on your GG Polisher ? - because GG only sells one pad in their catalog, and it is designed for mild polishing, with little to any cutting power.

Obviously the rotary will yeild you faster and better results at defect removal, but you might consider holding on to the GG Polisher, IMO DA`s are great mild polishing/glazing and finishing machines.

(on a side note, iv had my porter cable for two months - and I now have a rotary comming via fed ex . . . .)

imported_Ivan Rajic
10-06-2006, 01:48 PM
The GG machine and the PC 7336sp and 7424 are very similar. Though they may not be the same, idential machine they all operate the same way -

Which type of pads have you tried using on your GG Polisher ? - because GG only sells one pad in their catalog, and it is designed for mild polishing, with little to any cutting power.

Obviously the rotary will yeild you faster and better results at defect removal, but you might consider holding on to the GG Polisher, IMO DA`s are great mild polishing/glazing and finishing machines.

(on a side note, iv had my porter cable for two months - and I now have a rotary comming via fed ex . . . .)

gotcha... maybe you misunderstood me... i don`t plan on getting rid of the orbital, just wondering if i should replace the GG with the PC....

i used LC "contoured" 6.5" pads with the GG... it did remove the defects, well most of them anyway, but took such a long time

what rotary did you go with btw?