PDA

View Full Version : Newbie frm Singapore

kavehxj
04-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Big Hello to y`all Detailer Gods and Goddess!

Back in 85 to 89, when i was in CA doing my studies, I developed a healthy `OCD` with making cars shiny. 20yrs later back in Singapore, I still love making cars sparkle!

My mates don`t understand why i spent the whole of my Sat washing and waxing my car. I would spent 4-5 hrs being `one` with the car...wax on...wax off...while they will be hollering me to come down to the pub.

However, I`ve realised I was doing ALL WRONG for the last 20yrs! Been Rinsing, Washing and Waxing (LSP). THe 2 buckets method, claying, AIO, DACP and SG are totally foreign to me. My car has all the swirling patterns that will make a spider blush.

It was only when a friend commented i should become a detailer that i decided to look up for more info. thank god i found you guys! I found the holy grail! i`m not the only one thats anal abt shiny cars!

The timing could not have been better too, as I`ll be taking delivery of a new black Scooby next week. In addition, a brand new B&D random orbit, Clays, MF towels, Waffle Weavers, AIO, Meg`s 20, SG are sitting quietly in my new tackle box waiting for the arrival. Still have not decided what polisher to use yet, but most likely will be a meg`s. By some strange coincidence, me wallet is getting light too, has anybody experience this symptom?

I`ve spoken to a Klasse detailer and we will be prepping the car together. Always good to have an experienced pair of hands and eyes around especially with an orbitor.

Hopefully, in a few months time, i would have an ideal detailing process for the business to be.

Cheers!
Kave

GregCavi
04-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Big Hello to y`all Detailer Gods and Goddess!

Back in 85 to 89, when i was in CA doing my studies, I developed a healthy `OCD` with making cars shiny. 20yrs later back in Singapore, I still love making cars sparkle!

My mates don`t understand why i spent the whole of my Sat washing and waxing my car. I would spent 4-5 hrs being `one` with the car...wax on...wax off...while they will be hollering me to come down to the pub.

However, I`ve realised I was doing ALL WRONG for the last 20yrs! Been Rinsing, Washing and Waxing (LSP). THe 2 buckets method, claying, AIO, DACP and SG are totally foreign to me. My car has all the swirling patterns that will make a spider blush.

It was only when a friend commented i should become a detailer that i decided to look up for more info. thank god i found you guys! I found the holy grail! i`m not the only one thats anal abt shiny cars!

The timing could not have been better too, as I`ll be taking delivery of a new black Scooby next week. In addition, a brand new B&D random orbit, Clays, MF towels, Waffle Weavers, AIO, Meg`s 20, SG are sitting quietly in my new tackle box waiting for the arrival. Still have not decided what polisher to use yet, but most likely will be a meg`s. By some strange coincidence, me wallet is getting light too, has anybody experience this symptom?

I`ve spoken to a Klasse detailer and we will be prepping the car together. Always good to have an experienced pair of hands and eyes around especially with an orbitor.

Hopefully, in a few months time, i would have an ideal detailing process for the business to be.

Cheers!
Kave

WElcome!! I think you will find a wealth of knowledge here on DC. Remember to use the search tab. I look forward to some pics of your car!

Greg

The Chee
04-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Welcome to DC Kav :dcrules :welcome . I`m aware that there`s a local agent for carlack 68 , it`s very similar to klasse ...you might want to check it out to compare prices.

JaredPointer
04-06-2005, 10:18 AM
:welcome

kavehxj
04-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Welcome to DC Kav :dcrules :welcome . I`m aware that there`s a local agent for carlack 68 , it`s very similar to klasse ...you might want to check it out to compare prices.

I sure will! There many other products here, just have to find a good combo for the tropical conditions here: 95F (35 degree Celsius) with 95% humidity and with storms all year round.

Btw, where are u in Southeast Asia?

Regards

The Chee
04-06-2005, 11:29 AM
I`m from Brunei btw :) , yea you do have lots of good stuff available there : zaino, Meg, Soft99 claybar ,1Z etc .:jump

klnyc
04-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Shoot, me too, I my self was waxing the wrong way too few years ago. Yup, I did those wash then apply LSP(wax) :wall
Then one day I bumped into some import cars forums and stumped on some detaling links. Now here I`m am, polish like a pro :bigups

kavehxj
04-07-2005, 07:19 PM
OK i`m going bonkers!

I was browsing in a power tool shop yesterday and came across a 1hp air compressor on sale for USD100 bucks.....i bought it!

my girlfriend hates the noise but i told her, any man who is serious about diy would need an air compressor. for a start, i can say goodbye to the annoying water drips behind registration plate, side mirrors and bumpers.

i`m thinking of a wash, clay, AIO and sg on the air compressor red tank, is this cool or ````?

psst psst!
kave

The Chee
04-07-2005, 07:27 PM
what no polish or AIO X 2 and sg X 3? :rolling
What clay are you getting?

kavehxj
04-07-2005, 07:38 PM
what no polish or AIO X 2 and sg X 3? :rolling
What clay are you getting?

that`s ```` bro!....ok maybe a polish...