PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning old dirty pads

imported_bpfoley
10-04-2006, 01:15 PM
So lets say you let someone borrow some pads to do some detailing and they took their time in returning everything to me.

The problem is, he didnt wash any of them! They have been sitting around with product on/in them for 3 months now.

Should I just treat them as normal and soak them in the sink? Washing machine? I hope they aren`t ruined!

The pads range from polishing pads used with SSR`s to Waxing pads caked with Pink Wax

benvegas
10-04-2006, 01:35 PM
My honest recommendation is to trash them and get new ones. Disgusting and marred paint due to bad pads or spending $15 on a new pad, well that`s an easy choice for me.

If you were to keep them, soak them in water for a few hours to allow the product that`s crusted in there to loosen up and scrub out. The pads will probably be stained for life at the least, and I still wouldnt recommend using them.

2.5RS
10-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I don`t know, I`d at least give cleaning them a shot. Maybe soak in really hot water /dawn for a while, then throw them in the washing machine? Whats the worst that can happen, you end up tossing them anyway? Give it a shot, I bet they come out ok.

- Andrew

Djmigs
10-04-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree with Andrew.....

by the way do you have a PW if so clean them with that first.....

imported_02ZTSfocus
10-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Theres no point in pitching them before you at least give cleaning a shot. Thats like saying I got wax on my trim but I`m not going to bother cleaning it, Ill just get a new trim strip. You have nothing to lose in trying to clean them up.