PDA

View Full Version : 2 Different Sealants

Darren F
10-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Are there any pluses or minuses in using 2 different sealants on a car after polishing?

fdizzle
10-04-2006, 11:31 AM
You could say that AIO and KSG are two different types of selaants, we all know those are a winning combo . . .

What did you have in mind . . . .?

a.k.a. Patrick
10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Well, not technically. One is actually a paint cleaner with sealant additives.

Eliot Ness
10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Besides the Klasse twins that fdizzle mentioned, The Werkstatt twins (similar to Klasse), and Zaino Z-2 Pro over Z-5 Pro (all of which are made to work together) I don`t recall anyone who uses two different brands of sealants. If one sealant works well for you then just apply addition layers for added durability after each coat cures.

There are some of us that will occasionally top a sealant with a carnauba wax.

Darren F
10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I use Prime Acrylic and then use Acrylic Jett Trigger, which is a sealant, to help remove the Prime and to save a step. I just got a bottle of DP Sealant and really want to try it out...So I was wondering if there was any additional benefit or will it take away from the Acrylic Jett?

HondaGuy
10-04-2006, 12:46 PM
One plus I can think of is getting a different look or feel by using two differnt sealants. For example... Klasse topped with UPP, haven`t tried it, but I would think it would still have the Klasse look or at least similar and UPP slickness. Personally I haven`t tried layering any two different sealants, just different wax, sealant, glaze, spray wax and qd... never two of the same though.... I have mixed two and used that though.

fdizzle
10-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Sorry, AKA Patrick is right - I suppose they are really two different animals . . . but man they work very well together

FreeBIZZ
10-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I applied Aquawax over Klasse SG about 4 mos ago, and the look was fantastic on white paint. I have since applied Duragloss #105 over that using the #601 bondaing agent which removed the previous layers. Still have a great look!~

paul34
10-04-2006, 10:44 PM
I am wondering the same thing, since I also got a free bottle of the DP Spray Sealant. I tried it out the other day after I alcohol QD`ed the car, because I didn`t have time to do a full detail... anyways, its really great! Just a word to the wise, though, when apply around grills and such, first spray it on the towel. Otherwise it`ll get all over the place and leave white spots.

My towels kept slipping off my hood, and I think it definitely allowed the paint flake to POP a lot. Not sure, though - might`ve just been a weird sun angle.

SVECobraR
10-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I`ve put Ex over Ex-P which are kinda similar but it gave me great protection and pretty good looks. I should have topped it with natty`s blue though.