PDA

View Full Version : well on thursday ill be using my menzerna stuff

superchargedg
10-03-2006, 04:59 PM
thanks to g35stilez on the recomendation,s ill be using the menzerna pg with a yellow pad,the ip with a white pad and the fp11 with a black pad(all lake country).one question, ill finally be able to use my sister,s garage and it will probably be raining.so can i do the pg and the ip then drive home in the rain with no problems.what i mean is i probably wont be able to go thru all three steps and then put on a lsp in one day.then come back and use the fp11 and my final lsp on the next day,of course ill wipe it off with pb,s s@w before i start the last part.also i almost forgot,i used the swirlbuster pad and polish to hide all the swirls(which did a fantastic job btw).will a 50/50 mix of alcohol/water mix remove this.

ZaneO
10-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Are you using a PC for polishing?

I would definitely give the vehicle a real wash if you drive in the rain and then finish with FPII.

fdizzle
10-03-2006, 07:30 PM
You never know whats in that "clean looking" rain . . . . ZaneO knows whats up -- I would rewash and do a through dry before you begin your PC action again -

Probably wouldent be bad idea to use an air compressor or computer duster air can to get remaining h20 out of cracks - the PC generates a lot of fine vibration which will cause water to drizzle out of cracks and trim while you polish - I hate it when that happens, you get streaks, and its hard to tell if your product has been worked in enough -

just some thoughts . . . id like to hear how your menzurna polsih works out - i plan on ordering some when I run out of my pinnalce ASR/AFP

abbeysdad
10-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Absolutely wash after a drive in the acid rain - not just the rain but all the road crud splashing all over the place....uhg...I`m having an OCD cold chill.

(Maybe you could just move in with your sister `n curl up in a corner of tha garage?! LOL)

1984 JPS
10-04-2006, 07:23 AM
I know its hard but maybe just wait until it stops raining :). WOuld make the whole process much easier.

Good advice I know :D

superchargedg
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Are you using a PC for polishing?

I would definitely give the vehicle a real wash if you drive in the rain and then finish with FPII.

ill be using a pc7424,and one question if i use a 50/50 alcohol wipe down do you think thats enough to get the sonus swirlbuster polish off.

fdizzle
10-04-2006, 02:57 PM
well the menzurna line will remove any fillers or protecition left by the Sonius product, especially if your using a yellow pad . . . but im sure the 50/50 wipedown would help . . . . prep your surface . . . .