PDA

View Full Version : 06 Avalon

Guy
10-03-2006, 07:21 AM
GregCavi (thanks Greg) sent a detail my way. It was a guy that lives about 4 minutes from me that just purchased a new black Avalon. We set up a meeting and he came to my house as it was getting dusk out. First reaction on seeing the car was how good it looked, great reflection and shine. But after the halogens came on it looked like the dealer took steelwool to it! Swirls everywhere, thousands of them! The paint looked gray with all the imperfections, however they are not deep or that bad just a ton of them.

Ed just got done applyng Zaino and there was some cloudiness from using too much and not getting it all off. He only wants me to polish the swirls and he will do the rest.

Do you think OP with the sonus polish pad with the 7424 would work? I also have 3M foam pad glaze which I might try after the OP. I told him that we couldn`t get them all out but would improve the looks significantly. Any suggestions or tips with Toyota paint would be appreciated, thanks!

Guy
10-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Guess what I`m trying to get at is Toyota Avalon paint hard or soft, and would a PC with Sonus SFX pads and OP be enough to remove major swirls on this car?

joyriiide1113
10-04-2006, 10:37 AM
From the way you`re describing it, OP should take it off. Just make sure you work each section for atleast 4 minutes moving the PC slow.

joe.p
10-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Guess what I`m trying to get at is Toyota Avalon paint hard or soft ? I think the Toyota paint is soft my experience reading other forums people are having excessive marring with clay alone,if you clay use a soft clay nothing aggressive and start with a light polish..