PDA

View Full Version : FPII vs. Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

joeyb7
10-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Anyone know how similar these products are? I`m looking to place a product order and the site I`m looking at isnt` carrying FPII, only the blackfire gloss enhancing polish. Does the FPII have slightly more cutting power but less gloss?

I just wanted to make sure that IP followed by the blackfire polish will get me similar results as if I used FPII.

Lastly, I have some poorboys polish w/carnuba from last year, could I just apply this over the IP instead of buying new polish?? It would be nice to save a few bucks!!

Thanks

Perm
10-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Can not answer your question but have used blackfire gloss enhancing polish and was very impressed with it. Gives a real wet and glossy shine.

Highly recommended.

For what ever reason this product does not get a lot of coverage on Autopia forum

Perm

Joshua312
10-03-2006, 08:56 AM
I use the Blackfire Clear Finishing Polish alot and in place of FPII and it works great.

However notice you are talking about the Gloss Enhancing Polish, I don`t think this polish has any abrasives:

Taken from the website: "Gloss Enhancing polish helps hide minor swirls and scratches without removing any paint or clear coat. It "rounds-over" the leading edge of minor swirls which robs sunlight of a sharp edge to cause a reflection. While this visually reduces swirls, it does not remove them. "

Perm
10-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi,

To confirm....

Gloss Enhancing Polish (GEP) does not contain abrasives. It is more of a chemical cleaner / glaze combination product that needs to be topped with a sealant or wax to protect the look. I applied this in combination with Backfire’s Wet Diamond sealant that the car got more looks when I drove it than other combinations I have tried.

The think the blackfire twins are very underrated products,

Perm

Joshua312
10-03-2006, 09:48 AM
The think the blackfire twins are very underrated products

Couldn`t agree more - - I have tried their leather cleaner, conditioner, Wheel and Tire Cleaner - Tire Gel- and the Finishing Polish

All of these products worked great and earned themselves a permanent place in my arsenal, I am *very* pleased with the tire gel!

yesfan
10-04-2006, 07:47 AM
I use the polish and wet diamond as well,fantastic results.I have a

black 2007 Yukon Denali that looks like mirrors with this combo.

Great products.

RAG
10-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Anyone know how similar these products are? I`m looking to place a product order and the site I`m looking at isnt` carrying FPII, only the blackfire gloss enhancing polish. Does the FPII have slightly more cutting power but less gloss?

I just wanted to make sure that IP followed by the blackfire polish will get me similar results as if I used FPII.

Lastly, I have some poorboys polish w/carnuba from last year, could I just apply this over the IP instead of buying new polish?? It would be nice to save a few bucks!!

Thanks

Though I have not used the GEP, if it does not contain abrasives, it sounds like a non-abrasive machine glaze with filliers - that type of product has to place in my detailing regime, as it wastes more time than anything. If you`re going to polish...you mine as well actually polish! And to answere your question directly - "no", you will not get the same result by following IP with GEP as opposed to if you followed IP with FPII - IP has some teeth, and needs to follow with a true polish to erase the micromarring...and FP II is an excellent polish for doing this. On the other hand, the Blackfire Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish is very similar to FPII, though it has slightly more cut, slightly more working time, wipes off easier and tends to finish down slightly better...though at nearly twice the price.

violentveedub
10-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Not to thread-jack but if you are still looking for FPII I have a 16oz bottle that I tried 2x. I dont like the stuff and be more than happy to work something out with you.

LMK

Guy
10-04-2006, 09:32 AM
I tried the Blackfire polish and sealant about the time it first came out. I still use it on peoples cars where looks are more important then durabililty. However the durability isn`t too shabby with this! 3 of my neighbors cars got BF right before they left on vacations, which I washed when they got back, the bugs wiped right off and the paint still beaded.