PDA

View Full Version : Orange Blast on paint?

CleanGSR
10-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I use the Orange Blast from Walmart as my primary APC. I`ve got some full strength, 4:1 and 10:1. I was washing a car with serious bugs on the front and without thinking grapped a mix of my 4:1 OB and sprayed down the front bumper. I will say that it cleaned the bugs off amazingly well. I am wondering however if this is okay to use on the paint (4:1 or 10:1 either one). The bottle doesn`t really say so I`m wondering your thoughts. I didn`t leave it on for very long as I was a little worried not knowing the effects. Oh, and I did re-wax the front bumper when I was done.

firegate
10-02-2006, 12:32 PM
It probably stripped whatever protection you have on there, but I doubt it damaged anything.

CleanGSR
10-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I kind of feel like any bug and tar remover will strip paint though. It would be nice if I could use my OB mixes for many uses like bugs, wheels, floor mats, etc... Would save me from having to haul around so many products. It worked wonders, just made me wonder if the citruis acids would hurt the paint. I`m trying to do searches, but can`t seem to find anything about it.

imported_02ZTSfocus
10-02-2006, 02:13 PM
I would imagine your safe using Orange Blast. Paint Decon systems and most bug and tar removers use some pretty strong chemicals and people use those quite often on their paint will no ill effects. I wouldn`t think a citrus degreaser is any more harsh than a decon system.

DM101
10-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I bet your wax or sealant is gone. I would never use a APC in any concentration on my car with out re-waxing it. They make car soaps to be gentle on wax and sealants. JMHO

CleanGSR
10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
I did re-wax the front bumper when I was done. That was my last sentence on my first post. I figured it stripped the wax so I re-did that section. I just want to make sure it`s not going to hurt the paint. From the sound of it, I think I`ll be okay, but I`ll probably stick to the 10:1 solution to be safe.

DM101
10-02-2006, 03:25 PM
No you did not hurt the paint. You probably could use full strenght. But you wax or sealant is gone. Be Careful of APC`S

CleanGSR
10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
cool thanks.