PDA

View Full Version : Training in Highspeed Buffing

car man257
10-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey I am wondering how you guys learned to buff using a highspeed buffer. I have a protercable one I bought from Griots Garage and love it. But I want to move up to a highspeed buffer. I am afraid to try one because I might burn the paint. Any suggestions? If anyone is in the Midland, MI area or the Eau Claire, WI area and would want to have a detail day let me know.

Scott Mickelson

BobD
10-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey I am wondering how you guys learned to buff using a highspeed buffer. I have a protercable one I bought from Griots Garage and love it. But I want to move up to a highspeed buffer. I am afraid to try one because I might burn the paint. Any suggestions? If anyone is in the Midland, MI area or the Eau Claire, WI area and would want to have a detail day let me know.

Scott Mickelson

Go to your local body shop and ask them for wrecked hoods and panels. They are usually more than willing to give them to you since they usually have to pay to haul them away anyhow. Practice on those for a while.

Five Star
10-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Sometimes local detailing supply shops offer classes, The one here was doing it

Guy
10-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Find someone with an old car that doesn`t care about the finish. More then likely you are going to improve it and they will be happy while you learn and perfect your technique.

Heikes
10-02-2006, 11:16 PM
just let the machine`s weight do all the polishing and if you are working in the same small area, stop often to let the paint cool.