PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Swirlbuster pad and polish combo

ncsu602
10-02-2006, 10:52 AM
First of all, I`d like to thank David for offering discounts to forum members! I decided to treat myself to a little birthday present and order the Swirlbuster pad and polish. I`ve researched on here a little and can`t find much info on it. Any tips, tricks, opinions? From what I`ve read, it seems to be about the best you can buy for a hard clear/dark color combo because of it`s filling capabilities. I`ve got some very fine micromarring on my black Camaro. The car looks great in sunlight, great in other conditions, but if you look VERY closely you can see it. No one else knows it`s there, but in true Autopian form I know it`s there and it`s driving me crazy.

What do ya think?

superchargedg
10-02-2006, 12:27 PM
First of all, I`d like to thank David for offering discounts to forum members! I decided to treat myself to a little birthday present and order the Swirlbuster pad and polish. I`ve researched on here a little and can`t find much info on it. Any tips, tricks, opinions? From what I`ve read, it seems to be about the best you can buy for a hard clear/dark color combo because of it`s filling capabilities. I`ve got some very fine micromarring on my black Camaro. The car looks great in sunlight, great in other conditions, but if you look VERY closely you can see it. No one else knows it`s there, but in true Autopian form I know it`s there and it`s driving me crazy.

What do ya think?

i used it on my red g35 coupe only cause i had a big car meet to go to.it did a heck of a job in hiding most of the swirls.i had to do it twice because i had some nasty swirls.but now its time to just get rid of the swirls,im gonna go with the menzerna lineup.

TGates
10-02-2006, 01:01 PM
I love the SB polish/pad combo. I can park my car under the gas station halogens at night now and not cringe. It really did a number on my swirls. I really like the fact that it`s a gentle polish with durable acrylic fillers. The fact that it has some added protection is just icing on the cake.

joeyb7
10-02-2006, 07:50 PM
so is this strictly a filler vs. a compound such as IP by Menzerna?

Brian_Brice
10-02-2006, 07:54 PM
i think technically ip is just a polish but as summed up by many review its a polish that thinks its a compound.

TGates
10-03-2006, 12:02 AM
It`s an abrasive polish (based on Sonus SFX2) with acrylic fillers in it.

Charlie Matco
10-03-2006, 12:44 AM
I`m not sure what it is, but I got the pad/polish combo a few weeks ago and nothing else has worked better for me. My black paint shows swirls if you so much as breath on it. This pad and polish knocked it out and the swirls have not come back after several washings. Oh, and I didn`t have much splatter to clean up, as I do with my other pads.

Bobby G
10-03-2006, 12:46 AM
It`s an abrasive polish (based on Sonus SFX2) with acrylic fillers in it.

Correct! It is our SFX-2 polish with an acrylic resin added to help fill/hide remaining swirls until they can be fully buffed out.

ncsu602
10-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the replys....from what I gather it`s a good way to hide micromarring for someone like me who doesn`t have that much experience. All the larger swirls and scratches are gone, but I can`t seem to get rid of the micromarring. I ordered it yesterday and maybe in the next week or so I can try it out.