PDA

View Full Version : We need Opti-Clay

Pages : [1] 2

RAG
10-02-2006, 09:23 AM
I don`t know how many people got to try the Opti-Clay while it was around, but it is still the best clay I`ve tried - perfect texture, kneads easy (very elastic), last long long time, "works" very well, and marrs less than any other clay I`ve tried except the Sonus Ultra-Fine. For those of you that know me, know that I`v have about 20 different clays on hand, and claying is an essential component of detailing here in San Diego.

Man I wish Dave/Optimum would/could bring this stuff back.

EBPcivicsi
10-02-2006, 09:39 AM
He must have been purchasing it through Kulula (sp), unless they win the suit against Auto magic--better start liking one of the "big guys" bars. :D

Setec Astronomy
10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
I`m sure Auto Magic...er, ITW can formulate a similar clay, someone just needs to pony up enough for a minimum buy, which I imagine is thousands of bars.

Anthony O.
10-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I have 2 tubs of Opti-clay left and have them under lock and key :rofl

I have and use other clays but the Opticlay was very nice to work with. There is some hope on the horizon though. That`s all I`ll state for now....keep your fingers crossed :secret

Anthony

kompressornsc
10-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I heard it was taken off the market due to a class-action lawsuit?

No...wait...that was the Opti-Grab!

"One dollar and NINE CENTS!" :LOLOL

fdizzle
10-02-2006, 03:03 PM
but the sonius super fine clay is adequate right? as far as a light clay -

while im on that note - any takers on pinnacle ultra poly?

RAG
10-02-2006, 06:10 PM
but the sonius super fine clay is adequate right? as far as a light clay -

while im on that note - any takers on pinnacle ultra poly?

No, even though I like most of Sonus` products, the Sonus ultra-fine nor the Block cut it for me.

The Pinnacle (I have the yellow, whatever it`s called) clay has received a lot of bad press, but I think it is better than most clays I`ve tried...just needs REALLY good lube, so add soap.

RAG
10-02-2006, 06:13 PM
And while claying a car moments ago...I just thought of another way the Opti-Clay is superior - it doesn`t not leave clay residue on trim and moldings like most other clays do (for me, this is Huge).

Anthony - I gotcha beat - I have about 8 new bars and about a dozen well-used bars...they are my prized possession too. Although most of what I have left is the dark gray stuff...I liked the yellow cause I could see the contamination better.

RAG
10-02-2006, 06:14 PM
I`m sure Auto Magic...er, ITW can formulate a similar clay, someone just needs to pony up enough for a minimum buy, which I imagine is thousands of bars.

Without a doubt it can be copied or nearly copied, but I don`t think they realize that Optimum`s formulation has them all trumped.

sneek
10-02-2006, 06:15 PM
I heard it was taken off the market due to a class-action lawsuit?

No...wait...that was the Opti-Grab!

"One dollar and NINE CENTS!" :LOLOL

:funnypost

that movie is awsome! I acutally dont like steve martain but he was pretty good in that movie. For those who are wondering the opti-grap is from "The Jerk", if you haven`t watched it already, RENT IT!

wytstang
10-02-2006, 07:32 PM
I have a 1/2 bar of opti-clay left it is very good clay I just can`t remember where I put the darn thing.

Thomas Dekany
10-02-2006, 07:37 PM
wouldn`t Adam`s be the same clay as Opti?

wytstang
10-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Here she is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/PictureorVideo017.jpg

Envious Eric
10-02-2006, 07:45 PM
using the block clay from sonus today, it left residue behind that I had to go back and wipe up....although it does remove rather quickly...but what clay do you recommend that IS available until optimum comes up with a new clay?????

imported_Bence
10-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Try to look for some elastic clays...

Definitely, the elastic, Kucala-made clays are/were superior to the usual plastic ones.