PDA

View Full Version : PB`s S & W or FK1`s 146 ???

MechWarrior
10-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi There, I am running low on Poor Boy`s Spray & Wipe, which I REALLY like. I`m

having trouble locating a GALLON replacement size from my usual vendors, they are all

out of that size. I was thinking about trying Finish Kare 1`s # 146.

Are they really comparable products, any advantage / disadvantage, to either ?

Definite price / shipping cost goes to FK1, is it as good as PB`s S&W ?

Never tried 146, but have been VERY happy with their other products, any input / help

would be appreciated. No big rush to order, just by mid of OCT

THANKS

FOOTBALL Seasson ( Pro & College ) RULES :2thumbs:

Sherman8r44
10-01-2006, 07:28 PM
I`m going to recommend a different QD for you: CG Speed Wipe a.k.a. Danase` Speed Shine. It has replaced S&W in my aresenal; I now buy it by the gallon. It has better gloss, slickness and price while still having that magic cleaning ability S&W offers. :2thumbs:

socommatthews
10-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I personaly like the Sonus carnuba spritz myself.really makes the paint shine imo.

mblgjr
10-02-2006, 12:09 AM
I really like my PB SW.

Check your PM`s for where to get a gallon.

racingbeat
10-02-2006, 10:12 AM
I just ordered my second GALLON of 146. I really like the Poorboys products in general, been meaning to try that wheel cleaner..anyhoo 146 is my go-to directly after a wash. VERY SLICK surface finish and its anti static claims are not bunk, after a rainfall The dirt slides to the lower portions of the car. (Same with 425). Its great because I have been using Optimum No Rinse this year and 146 is a great chaser that I can leave as is.

Kind of like a wax as you dry type product that is also an excellent cleaner. I really don`t use any form of paste waxes anymore, all sprays and they are quick on and off. If I have a bit more time I`ll shoot Aqua Wax or OCW and restore the antistatic barrier with 425. Seems like allot using three sprays but the before and after is like I took in for a full detailing but it only took 15 minutes (including the wheels).

MechWarrior
10-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi , Thanks for all the input. I think I will get either FK-1 # 146 or Chemical Guys Speed Wipe,

any opions either way ? Both seem quality products, just kind of want to try something new,

from my regular PB`s S & W. Just kind of hesitant to buy a Gallon of a new product !!!

Final prices, with shipping, are identical. Are the procucts also basically equal, any advantage /

disadvantage to 1 or the other ?

Thanks " mblgjr " for the PM link !

racingbeat
10-02-2006, 05:24 PM
you can ask FK to send you a $5 sample before you committ, I`ve done this before and they usually come through. All their products have sample sizes. A great idea. Wish the other companies had thought of this then I wouldn`t have 30 bottles of product that`s 80% full

sdcj
10-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Are all of these products OK to use on black? I would love to be able to utlize a rinseless wash, but am hesitant because my black Honda paint seems to show every bit marring...

racingbeat
10-02-2006, 06:36 PM
actually I think rinseless washes are better for black paint. That color should be washed less often, even though it unfortunately gets dirtier than other colors. A product like Optimum No Rinse is just what the doctor ordered: car is dirty but not really enough to warrant a full on hose and bucket wash basically 80% of the daily state of black paint!

(thank God I have a silver car now...)

I find ONR is more delicate on paint, just make sure you wet down the paint sufficiently before wiping each panel and flip the MF towel or dunk the mitt in the 2nd bucket after each long pass.

I like to take a sponge, douse it in the buckett (i use ONR in each buckett) and hold it over each panel which soaks the car in the ONR in two snaps and you haven`t touched the dirty car at all. I also use a pesticide sprayer ($20 well worth it) filled with ONR and water to pre-rinse and spot clean. Before drying I`ll shoot each panel with FK 146 and then dry with the poorboys waffle weave. I clean, gloss and dry at the same time. Towel comes up clean with zero marring.