PDA

View Full Version : Tan All Season Mats

jermy4
10-01-2006, 11:52 AM
I have the tan all season mats in my Accord and I haven`t been able to get them 100% clean. I`ve tried using simple green and other degreasers but they still have stains on them. I used tire foam on them once and they were really shiney but still showed stains and they very slippery :doh

Anybody have light colored all season mats? What do you use on them to get them looking new again?

jermy4
10-17-2006, 01:19 PM
bump

Anybody?

tom p.
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Can you try various APCs on it? There are some very potent products available.

Why put tire shine on a floor mat? To me, that`s like putting tire shine on the sidewalls of a motorcylce tire.

jermy4
10-17-2006, 03:18 PM
The product I have had the best luck with is some generic target APC that I have but they still aren`t all that clean.

Are some APCs significantly better than others?

Spilchy
10-17-2006, 03:30 PM
I have tan rubber mats in my brother`s Jetta and I clean tan rubber mats weekly in a neighbor`s BMW.

Despite every APC diluted to varying strengths, I have been unable to get them fully clean. Some stains on that rubber are permanent. I tried some cleaners where I slightly bleached out the mats.

You may want to try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a light APC dilution like 10:1. Do it in an inconspicuous area just in case it takes the color out.

I have tremendous success with the Eraser on vinyl and plastic. I haven`t tried the mats yet. It just popped into my head!

mrzeee
10-18-2006, 02:56 AM
get new mats?? aren`t the plastic ones meant to be kinda disposable??

jermy4
10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
get new mats?? aren`t the plastic ones meant to be kinda disposable??

Not really. The set of 4 all season mats cost around $100.