PDA

View Full Version : Fast & Furious 2 Eclipse GT for Sale - Might Buy

PrinceAuto
10-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Ahhhh. Go ahead, laugh at me. lol. But I just recently passed through an EBAY auction for the exact Eclipse that Tyrese drove in the 2nd Fast & Furious movie. Only 300 miles on it. There wanting 24K for it. There also selling the EVO that Paul Walker drove, for 27K.

Seller says he can fax me all proof and certificates from Universal Studios, etc. that this is the same car, and that nothing has been changed in either of them.

I dunno if I can post the link here, so I`ll wait until someone says I can. But I am seriously considering the Eclipse, and possibly the EVO. I`m a big Fast & Furious movie buff.

Joshua312
10-01-2006, 09:32 AM
hmm... This looks like spam to me since this is your first post and you just joined?

PrinceAuto
10-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Trust me, this isn`t spam. I just didn`t wanna post a newbie question about auto detailing as my first post. I`m trying to research and increase my knowledge by reading whats already on here before I post and take up space.

I just saw the cars, and just wanted to see what yall think. If there scams or whatnot. No spam here. Have no fear Josh.

PhaRO
10-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Those auctions send up a lot of red flags with me. I`d always be worried about spending a lot of money from a seller with no feedback as a seller. In addition the line "You will be responsible to get it registered in the US, if you desire." has me concerned. Not sure what is involved in getting that done for this type of vehicle but I would sure want to know before purchasing. The lack of feedback as a seller would be enough for me to steer clear. If that were not enough then how about no photos outside of advertising or movie stills. Seller wants 10% down at end of sale. I`m sure the seller will want that electronically or if in person before you can get the car. Of course it is always possible this is a legit transaction ;)

Sherman8r44
10-01-2006, 03:57 PM
The VIN# for the EVOVIII is invalid. That`s all I need to know. :lock:

SpoiledMan
10-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I wouldn`t touch that car with a ten foot pole with the intention of driving it on the street. Getting it registered AND insured to drive on the streets of this country aren`t likely to happen. Production date of 2001 for a "show" car that`s a 2003 model AND has a VIN ending in 757 just doesn`t add up. If this is the car that the star drove in the movie it was crashed! These cars could also be seen sitting OUTSIDE at the end of the Universal Studios tram ride for a couple of years. Let`s just say that they don`t look very Autopian in person. Oh yeah, I`ve been on the set and up close to these cars and only a few look good and they don`t get driven much at all.

BobD
10-01-2006, 08:53 PM
To be honest, I wouldn`t be seen dead in either of those cars no matted what movie they came from. I would stay away from buying it if it where me.

imported_CkretAjint
10-02-2006, 09:28 AM
The AUTHENTIC (Original the movie car was based off of) Eclipse GT that is driven by Tyrese in the movie is owned by a guy in West Palm Beach, FL. I see him drive it around every once in a blue moon.

All the Mitsu "Evos" in the movie we actually modified Lancers (no turbos). Much cheaper in the long run. Htey even say so in the credits/bonus features of the movie....