PDA

View Full Version : Zaino beading...week 6

imported_paradigm
09-30-2006, 02:10 PM
i decided to start tracking the longevity of the Z treatment on my car...here are a few pics as the Z starts week 6 after application. not sure if i will be able to NOT reapply before needed anyway...being OCD and all...but i`ll try and resist and take pics every few weeks for prosperity. :chuckle:

hood:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/paradigmy2k/product%20tests/zainobeading_week6_2Large.jpg

trunk:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/paradigmy2k/product%20tests/zainobeadingweek6_1Large.jpg

LousyShot
09-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Still looking good! I have a couple of coats of Zaino on my car and think it sheds water better than about any other product.

Bigpoppa3346
09-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Looks like it`s holding up well, any Z-6/Z-8 in that time? How are the looks/slickness. I don`t really need anything more durable than 845....the beading at 5 1/2 months is still amazing. No QD`s since then either.

mikebai1990
09-30-2006, 05:30 PM
That looks fantastic! Is your car garaged during the nights? How often is it driven? Also, if you don`t mind, do you think you could take some bigger area shots, like a full hood shot with water? I love seeing the streaks that the water beads leave when water runs off the surface of the paint.

imported_Adamah
09-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Zaino will bead like that at 6 months. Enjoy!

wannafbody
09-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I got 5 months out of 1 test coat of Z2pro without ZFX

paul79uf
09-30-2006, 09:14 PM
I`m a Zaino Zombie for life.....Zzzzzzzaino....Zzzzzaino :)

Plus tell me that you don`t love the smell of Z2 and Z6

imported_paradigm
10-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Looks like it`s holding up well, any Z-6/Z-8 in that time? How are the looks/slickness. I don`t really need anything more durable than 845....the beading at 5 1/2 months is still amazing. No QD`s since then either.

the car has been washed weekly since the original application (Z-7), with either Z-6 or Aquawax after each wash. i just received my Z-8 a few weeks ago and used that after the last wash...that stuff seems to be AMAZING for a spray booster. mmmmmmmmmmmmm....Z-8. :)

Is your car garaged during the nights? How often is it driven? Also, if you don`t mind, do you think you could take some bigger area shots, like a full hood shot with water?

this is my daily driver and is garaged at night. i`ll take bigger pics for the future shots.

now that i think about it...since i use Z-6/Z-8/Aquawax...it should never ever ever ever ever not bead really well anyway, even if i never reapply Z-5/Z-2 again! hehehe. it`ll still be cool to have a record of it from now through the beautiful Wisconsin winter closing in on me.

CarlosRodrigues
10-01-2006, 02:41 PM
It´s still there. Great Results.

DETAILKING
10-02-2006, 08:06 AM
I`ll save ya the trouble of the test! A car i did is still beading after 5 months and only gets a Z7 wash and Z6 wipedown twice a month. :bounce

coupe
10-02-2006, 09:13 AM
the car has been washed weekly since the original application (Z-7), with either Z-6 or Aquawax after each wash. i just received my Z-8 a few weeks ago and used that after the last wash...that stuff seems to be AMAZING for a spray booster. mmmmmmmmmmmmm....Z-8. :)

If your using aquawax after each wash no wonder its still beading, its got nothing to do with zaino still being there.

If i washed a car weekly and it had no zaino on it at all and used aquawax after each wash it would bead water just like that.

abbeysdad
10-02-2006, 09:33 AM
If your using aquawax after each wash no wonder its still beading, its got nothing to do with zaino still being there.

If i washed a car weekly and it had no zaino on it at all and used aquawax after each wash it would bead water just like that.

I AGREE !!!

Looks like the test afterall is for DG Aquawax, NOT Zaino.

coupe
10-02-2006, 09:38 AM
The only way to truly test any LSP is to apply it then,

Wash once a week and use NOTHING on it, no boosters, no spray waxes, no QD`s etc. Just wash and dry.

Take a pic after each wash to document the beading.

Like abbeysdad said, looks like your testing aquawax not zaino.