PDA

View Full Version : A few Klasse AIO/SG Questions

fdizzle
09-30-2006, 01:14 PM
got my aio and sg - both are the new formulas (oh well, who knows - maybe they will be fine)

1. best method of application for aio:

if using as a cleaner and polish - white lc pad with pc, faster setting?

or

if using after a finishing polish - black lc pad with pc, slower setting?

2.curing time for aio before topping with souveran or SG?

( i know not to use any nuba based product over sg )

3. curing time for sg ?

i have heard 8 to 24 hours. Longer the better? Hand app. is best?

( i know the layer should be stupid thin )

Accumulator
09-30-2006, 02:23 PM
fdizzle- Noting that opinions and preferences differ...

1) I don`t get any polishing effect from AIO. I use it with a polishing pad (no functional cut on the paint in question, LC white generally qualifies) and speed ~4.

2) Never tried topping AIO with a carnauba, only with SG. No wait before the SG.

3) I don`t reapply SG for at least 12 hours. No point waiting longer than it takes to cure, but no hard data on how long that is. I also reapply the SG after subsequent washes. I apply it by hand as I can`t get as thin an application by machine.

fdizzle
09-30-2006, 02:54 PM
yes. ...now that is a reply for the ages. every question i had answered with utter simplicity. thanks bro . . . i had speculated as to aio`s cutting ability, especially since it includes a sealant (which would make it equivilant to a cleaner wax IMO had I not seen the numerous threads praising it`s effectiveness. Bummer the newer formula leaves a little to be desired - oh well. @#$% happens - gotta roll with it.

paul34
09-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, the reason the polishing abilities of AIO doesn`t cut is because its more of a chemical polish than an actual cutting polish like most people usually think of when they hear polish. In that sense AIO is more similar to a paint cleanser.

Way2SSlow
09-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Well, I dont know if I can really be of any help, but I was working with KSG today for the very first time and here are my first impressions:

I found that I much prefer a microfiber applicator to a foam pad. It just seemed to work better for ME. I applied the product (VERY THINLY) to the entire car and then went back around and wiped it off. Came off with no problem. Not as easy as a lot of other stuff I have used, but it wasnt the nightmare that I had prepared myself for. After I got the KSG off the car, I followed right up with a second coat. I know that most people say you`re not SUPPOSED to do this, but I will say that both my father who was in the garage helping me as well as myself noticed a difference in the appearance after removal of the second coat. I will give it cure time before the third, but from what I experienced in the garage today, I am confident that the second coat added *something*.

HTH

bluzman
09-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, I dont know if I can really be of any help, but I was working with KSG today for the very first time and here are my first impressions:

I found that I much prefer a microfiber applicator to a foam pad. It just seemed to work better for ME. I applied the product (VERY THINLY) to the entire car and then went back around and wiped it off. Came off with no problem. Not as easy as a lot of other stuff I have used, but it wasnt the nightmare that I had prepared myself for. After I got the KSG off the car, I followed right up with a second coat. I know that most people say you`re not SUPPOSED to do this, but I will say that both my father who was in the garage helping me as well as myself noticed a difference in the appearance after removal of the second coat. I will give it cure time before the third, but from what I experienced in the garage today, I am confident that the second coat added *something*.

HTH

I do this my self, I think it helps ensure even coverage. Especailly considering how thin SG needs to be applied.

Ben Kenobi
10-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Accumulator summed it up perfectly. I have found that AIO did give a nice cleansing to my father`s 2005 Odyssey when I washed, clayed and then used the AIO with a LC VC pad at 4-5.5. The van was four months old at the time and hadn`t been touched. I was pleased to see how good it looked and how smooth the paint felt after using it. I then did two coats of SG and it looked even better. I did apply the SG by hand but have done it via PC and found it applied well with a finishing pad. My bottles are late 2004 stock so I imagine it is the older formula. Both are good stuff, they work well on a variety of materials.

fdizzle
10-01-2006, 03:38 PM
you guys are awesome - thanks for the help - im now off to tackle a 300c - metallic black. wish me luck. plans are - Fine grade clay, SPOTBUff treatment for a few scratches with Pinnacle ASR/AFP, followed withPinnacle PCL, then aio and ksg x 2. im in for a long day, good thing i have a friend with anotehr pc. :waxing: