PDA

View Full Version : NXT liquid?

backwoods_lex
09-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey guys. I was just wondering how liquid NXT wax compares to the paste. I figured it may save me some time when doing cheap jobs for people and didn`t see any comparing threads. Thanks for any help.

Driven Auto Detail
09-30-2006, 04:29 PM
I think most people prefer the liquid. I just used it the other day and like it a lot, especially for applying by PC.

mr.ikon
09-30-2006, 04:50 PM
NXT liquid is really easy to use. I like it. And the owner of this car seems to like it too.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78344

imported_Dave KG
09-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Meguiars say both there paste and liquid waxes performa exactly the same. I have both the liquid and paster NXT, and cant tell a difference in finish or durability between the two, so its just going to come down to whether your prefer applying a liquid or paste wax.

backwoods_lex
09-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Applying wax with the PC is a lot easier than by hand IMO. The liquid NXT should make it go even faster. Thanks for the replies guys.

I`m also going to consider picking up some collinite or OCW. I`ve heard good things about them.

derek37
10-01-2006, 12:50 PM
i hear removing/cleaning the liquid NXT residue from your pad can be quite difficult. You might want to delegate a pad to be used only with NXT. That is, after cleaning out your pad and letting it dry, THAT is the pad you use for NXT and nothing else. Just a thought.

abbeysdad
10-01-2006, 03:33 PM
i hear removing/cleaning the liquid NXT residue from your pad can be quite difficult. You might want to delegate a pad to be used only with NXT. That is, after cleaning out your pad and letting it dry, THAT is the pad you use for NXT and nothing else. Just a thought.

I thought liquid NXT extracted from the pad pretty easily, maybe more water soluable than some things (like OP seemed pretty stubborn). I also noticed from the `in-the-box` foam pad (used for those hard to PC reach places) that NXT doesn`t set-up (harden) in the pad.

If you can spare it, dedicating pads can be good idea, but a little less important for NXT IMHO.

SDLexus
10-01-2006, 07:01 PM

That`s a good idea. NXT is very difficult to remove from a saturated pad. You can squeeze as much product as you can out of the pad but nothing really breaks it down.

The paste seems to set quicker but the liquid IMO, is easier to work with. If applied a bit thick the paste is less forgiving and more difficult to remove. Both give great results.

MechWarrior
10-01-2006, 07:10 PM
The paste gave me better durability than the liquid. I have the EARLY / 1st version

liquid & durability, at least for me, was just horrible. The paste seems to do a much better job. Final appearance, ease of use, cost are all about equal.

mblgjr
10-02-2006, 12:24 AM
I`m not a fan of the liquid. Much too expensive and the shine dies within a week on my garage queen. Never tried the paste, found better products for the same money or less.

Using the NXT booster wax after every wash brings back the shine, but again, doesn`t last.

Also, keep your application ultra thin, as anything more it likes to streak.