PDA

View Full Version : ssr 2.5 .. dusts like crazy

estoriltEck
09-29-2006, 11:20 PM
everytime i detail a car with ssr 2.5.. they dust everywhere. it gets into cracks, windows, trims.. very annoying

i wash my pads everytime i use them... any suggestions to make it dust less?

i use a pc7424 lc pads

Brian_Brice
09-30-2006, 12:01 AM
try scuffing your pads often. or different conditioning lotions. is it pretty much imediately dusting on you or is it possible you overwork it a bit? do you go from 3 to spread directly to 6? if so maybe try using the pc on 5 for a few rounds then finish off with 6.

only things i can think of to try and help, i still get dust from different polishes too. it is rather annoying, tape everything up if you dont solve the dusting anytime soon. makes cleanup a breeze and you get to avoid basically washing the entire car again.

estoriltEck
09-30-2006, 01:47 AM
try scuffing your pads often. or different conditioning lotions. is it pretty much imediately dusting on you or is it possible you overwork it a bit? do you go from 3 to spread directly to 6? if so maybe try using the pc on 5 for a few rounds then finish off with 6.

only things i can think of to try and help, i still get dust from different polishes too. it is rather annoying, tape everything up if you dont solve the dusting anytime soon. makes cleanup a breeze and you get to avoid basically washing the entire car again.

it imediately dusts . .

Bigpoppa3346
09-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Maybe mix it with some RMG, that what people do to Menzerna to cut down on the dust. Or just switch to Optimum...

imported_mburnickas
09-30-2006, 06:52 AM
that is why I do not use SSR anymore. Dust storm..Use OC and works great.

Gen2
09-30-2006, 08:12 AM
I would also suggest mixing some RMG(30%) to ssr 2.5(70%), it should cut down the dusting and it will also improve the depth and slickness of the paint work.

Bigpoppa3346
09-30-2006, 08:30 AM
The problem with mixing the RMG with the 2.5 is that it could act as a filler, making the paint appear better than it actually is. I`d say just get some Optimum, you won`t look back.

estoriltEck
09-30-2006, 08:36 AM
i also have optimum.. before it use to be very smooth coming out of the bottle.. now its all chunks and looks like parmesan cheese and is impossible to get out. i have to remove the top and pour it out :(

joe.p
09-30-2006, 09:00 AM
i also have optimum.. before it use to be very smooth coming out of the bottle.. now its all chunks and looks like parmesan cheese and is impossible to get out. i have to remove the top and pour it out :(

IIRC, there was a bad batch that was a little thick OP polish has been reformulated. The new bottles come with a label statiting OP reformulated also the caps have been changed making the polish easier to use..

estoriltEck
09-30-2006, 12:10 PM
IIRC, there was a bad batch that was a little thick OP polish has been reformulated. The new bottles come with a label statiting OP reformulated also the caps have been changed making the polish easier to use..

im spendin so much money on detail supplies.. :sosad