PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG, am I doing something wrong?

Pages : [1] 2

cchiu1026
09-29-2006, 10:13 PM
This was the process I had....

2 Bucket Wash

Megs Mitt

Zaino Auto Wash

Mothers Clay Bar

Megs Waffle Weave Drying Towels

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG (Only the hood)

So basically i`m pretty new to the more advanced details in detailing.

I am a perfectionist that will not do it unless it`s perfect. So I use the AIO on the hood and felt good about it. Then I started using the SG, put a thin layer in what I believed was and let it dry. After I wiped it off with a MF towel I felt as if it wasn`t smooth and rough as if it needed to be clayed again. Is there something i`m doing wrong with the SG, like not letting it dry or there is too much on it? Any tips would be greatly appreciated... BTW All this was done by hand, next week will be the time I get the 7336sp and Edge2000 kit.

Chris

BigJimZ28
09-29-2006, 10:17 PM
My guess would be you used to much.

as that is the problem must people have with it

did you qd the pad?

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2006, 10:20 PM
When you say thin layer of SG, what does that mean? If you can see it, it`s too thick. When you do it right, it`s kind of like wiping alcohol on the surface, you will see a film, then it will flash dry and there will be nothing there. Buffing of SG is for the couple of spots that you get something on there that you can see. (of course, really, you need to buff the surface, but if you actually see any "layer" on there it will be a bear to remove).

Brian_Brice
09-29-2006, 10:23 PM
setec speaks for many of us when it comes to sg. if it were for a customer you should almost feel like youre ripping them off how hard it is to see. thats thin.

cchiu1026
09-30-2006, 02:16 AM
Ok yes then you guys have confirmed that i had too much on there...thanks for the help...

Chris

salty
09-30-2006, 03:32 AM
setec speaks for many of us when it comes to sg. if it were for a customer you should almost feel like youre ripping them off how hard it is to see. thats thin.

I know what you`re saying. I love when a customer watches or comes in when doing SG or Zaino, and asks "where`s the wax?"

fdizzle
09-30-2006, 01:05 PM
this thread helped bigtime . . . . gonna be using aio and sg on 2 black cars this weekend. . . . wow - it really needs to be that thin hu? Well now I know.

Accumulator
09-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Also note that some have felt (no pun intended) that AIO leaves a slightly slicker finish than KSG, which can feel more like a plastic coating on the paint.

99blackSE
10-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Also note that some have felt (no pun intended) that AIO leaves a slightly slicker finish than KSG, which can feel more like a plastic coating on the paint.

I think I can agree with that, at least what I have done so far.

cchiu1026
10-02-2006, 01:24 AM
BTW I just purchased a PC 7336sp, planning to get the Edge 2000 kit. Can or should I use AIO or SG with the pc. If so what pad or setup should i use? I`m new to the pc also...

Thanks,

Chris

EOppie
10-02-2006, 05:08 AM
BTW I just purchased a PC 7336sp, planning to get the Edge 2000 kit. Can or should I use AIO or SG with the pc. If so what pad or setup should i use? I`m new to the pc also...

Thanks,

Chris

Do a search for Klasse and the PC, you will find a ton of info. Also Take a look in the click and brag section, many people list using AIO and SG with the PC. Most seem to use AIO with a polishing pad, and SG definitely with a polishing (White) pad. :secret

Milestones
10-02-2006, 06:05 AM
It`s almost impossible to use too little KSG.

The first time you use it, if you think you are using too little, you are probably still using too much.

The correct amount to use is "whisper thin". On my tan Mazda 6, when I have spread the KSG over a section of the paint - you can`t tell it`s there.

Don`t worry about using too little. Put a dime size amount on a MF applicator and work the KSG around on a portion of the car making sure to go over the same area several times with the applicator to ensure even and complete coverage.

If you use the correct, small amount of KSG - it really is a breeze to apply and remove. I think it`s bearish reputation comes solely from folks using way too much product.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use KSG if you follow the "whisper thin" mantra.

cchiu1026
10-02-2006, 11:09 AM
It`s almost impossible to use too little KSG.

The first time you use it, if you think you are using too little, you are probably still using too much.

The correct amount to use is "whisper thin". On my tan Mazda 6, when I have spread the KSG over a section of the paint - you can`t tell it`s there.

Don`t worry about using too little. Put a dime size amount on a MF applicator and work the KSG around on a portion of the car making sure to go over the same area several times with the applicator to ensure even and complete coverage.

If you use the correct, small amount of KSG - it really is a breeze to apply and remove. I think it`s bearish reputation comes solely from folks using way too much product.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use KSG if you follow the "whisper thin" mantra.

Yeah I had the mind set of all the polishes and waxes i used before where i would actually see the film when applied. Which i did do a thinner layer than that...

Chris

fdizzle
10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
yeah ill second that, i just tried using ksg on the pc with a black lc pad, and i put on way to much product, had to qd the hood t times to get the excess product off. I then switched to a polishin pal with a blue pad - went on way cleaner, smother and thinner - and it came off like finishing polish residue.

i wish the klasse bottles had a different dispensing device . . . .

cchiu1026
10-02-2006, 11:00 PM
yeah ill second that, i just tried using ksg on the pc with a black lc pad, and i put on way to much product, had to qd the hood t times to get the excess product off. I then switched to a polishin pal with a blue pad - went on way cleaner, smother and thinner - and it came off like finishing polish residue.

i wish the klasse bottles had a different dispensing device . . . .

What about just putting the SG in like a squirt type bottle??? That may work....

Chris