PDA

View Full Version : Apc?

cheetoh
09-29-2006, 04:02 PM
I have seen APC Mentioned for wheel well cleaning, What is APC and where can I get it??

mcnab
09-29-2006, 04:04 PM
People are just reffering to an "All Purpose Cleaner". This isn`t a brand or particular product, but rather just a type of product.

You can find these anywhere from Canadian Tire, Home Depot, pretty much any general store like that.... Some folks will reccomend some more high end "APC`s" but I just stick with the cheap stuff since I got through it like crazy.

For wheel well cleaning I use a 6 litre pestiside sprayer filled with a 3:1 cut of Generic Degreaser. Just put the wand in the wheel well, pull the trigger, mild scrubbing if required and then rinse + dress :)

imported_Padron
09-29-2006, 04:05 PM
It`s All Purpose Cleaner, Not sure if your looking for any specific brand, there are so many.

cheetoh
09-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the Quick Answer, So Simple Green would be an APC, Correct?

imported_CDTGaticaW201
09-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the Quick Answer, So Simple Green would be an APC, Correct?

Yep, Simple Green`s an APC, and it works really well, you should just be careful about letting it sit for a while as it`s supposed to be strong enough to eat through metal. A lot of people have pushed the move to a citrus-based APC for that reason...besides, they smell better.

jamesuh
09-29-2006, 04:24 PM
I like Meguiar`s All-Purpose Cleaner Plus. I like to buy it buy the gallon since it can be used for a variety of things.