PDA

View Full Version : Auto Magic

fanatic
04-05-2005, 12:13 PM
What is your opinion on the Auto Magic line of stuff? I`ve been looking at it, thinking of giving them a try, but haven`t heard too much about them here. Are the products good? If anyone uses them, what is your favorite product?

CharlesW
04-05-2005, 12:50 PM
The only thing I remember about them is that they are the makers(?)/distributors of Clay Magic which has been a main stream clay product for some time.
They are geared more toward the professionals and probably aren`t readily available or widely known among us amateurs.
Like most product manufacturers, they will likely have some good and maybe some not so good products for the enthusiast detailer.

Charles

czwsecurity
04-06-2005, 01:31 AM
I used Auto Magic products pretty exclusively for a few years working at a local dealership. Their XP line of products is pretty good and some can be ordered online. Just dont expect the user friendliness that Pinnacle and Poorboys products give. By the way, Auto Magics awesome gloss is an excellent lsp also. Very slick and gives a nice shimmer.

immaculate
04-07-2005, 01:13 PM
My only experience with Auto Magic is with their trim dressing No. 63 "Dress it" And I love it.

vmtech
04-08-2005, 05:14 AM
Their Super Dress-It #65 is very good. It`s dilutable and a gallon can go a long way.

I was surprised and impressed with their Magic Mist #96, a detail spray w/carnuaba and I do still use it. Of course their clay and Body Shine spray are great for me as it`s the only clay/lube I`ve used and never thought of changing.

My impression of their #777 APC is that it`s just as effective as the Megs APC+ that I had before running out.

XP Swirl Remover was a little disappointing because it took a lot of work to get out even very minor swirls. I think it`s more geared for a rotary than pc.

Banana Magic wax is very easy to use and remove and has a look similar to Megs #26. But I`ve found that the shine gives out after a couple of washes compared to other waxes.

Their site has some new products coming out. Including a new clay bar (don`t know if it`s been changed) paint sealant, soap, and a new water-based dressing. Also they have videos on how to use products.

Overall, most of their products are decent and the prices on some are very reasonable, especially if you have to buy by the gallon. And there is a distributor down the street from me. So very convienient as well.

But if you are looking for just the ultimate shine for your own car/truck, there are better products out there. (Adam`s, Poorboy`s, etc.)

Hope this helps.

V..

AMDin93103
04-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I tried to try AM but their jobber in my area did not return the 3 calls after my initial talk his regional. Must be too busy :dunno . . . well me too :doubleduc I buy clay from a .net company in FL for about $17 a bar after shipping.

stluciedetail
04-10-2005, 03:17 PM
i use a lot of stuff from automagic. Cheap and works well!