PDA

View Full Version : What is a Fair Price?

Dirty1talian
09-29-2006, 02:27 AM
Hello Autopia!

What is the typical fair price per hour for a quality detailer?

20/hour, 30, 40, 50??

I ask this because I am going to have my new G35 professionally* detailed soon in the Phoenix area and am comparing requests. I`ll pay more for a quality job but I also dont want to be taken and pay something ridiculous either. Also, can anyone approximate how many man hours would be needed for wash/clay/polish/wax a car with new paint?

Thanks. :spot

imported_Ivan Rajic
09-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Hello Autopia!

What is the typical fair price per hour for a quality detailer?

20/hour, 30, 40, 50??

I ask this because I am going to have my new G35 professionally* detailed soon in the Phoenix area and am comparing requests. I`ll pay more for a quality job but I also dont want to be taken and pay something ridiculous either. Also, can anyone approximate how many man hours would be needed for wash/clay/polish/wax a car with new paint?

Thanks. :spot

i think 30-40 is a typical fair price but it all depends on paint condition and what the detailer is doing... i`m sure many detailers will charge you more for polishing than for waxing, etc...

as far as man hours, it all depends on the condition of the car and wether they`re doing the interior or not... i`ve heard anywhere from 5-12hrs

me personally... i avg. about 6-7hrs/car