PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Ceramic Particle Clears

RAG
09-28-2006, 06:22 PM
It would be nice to know what cars have been painted with the new ceramic particle clear coats, but I don`t know of any good sources. Apparently many will be labled accordingly in the paint code usually found in the driver`s door jam. Alternatively, does anybody have a list of models/years that are supposed to have the hard clears? Shoot, even Volvo is supposed to be using it on most of their 2007 models :eek:

Bigpoppa3346
09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
The only thing I can think of is to contact the manufacturer if it isn`t in the door jam. I think that the new Ceramic particle CC`s are a great thing, because on an Autopian maintained vehicle, you could go *years* without having to deep polish, ultimetely saving your cars CC thickness. I guess you are just SOL if you have to do any heavy correction on one.

David Fermani
09-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Why would it be beneficial to know if the vehicle has liquid particle clear when detailing? Do different procedures need to be addressed?

RAG
10-03-2006, 12:14 AM
I too think they are a good thing...it`ll be interesting to see how well they withstand the local car wash`s wrath.

Procudure for ceramic particle should be slightly different - you`ll have to get more aggressive to remove seemingly minor swirls, that`s for sure.